Is it possible to be a born-again and saved Christian without understanding the true person of Jesus Christ?

I ask this because certain denominations declare that they, and only they, are the true Christian church and that if you are not a member, you will not be saved. Yet those very denominations are the ones who denounce the deity of Christ! They preach a gospel different to that preached in the New Testament. Hence... show more I ask this because certain denominations declare that they, and only they, are the true Christian church and that if you are not a member, you will not be saved. Yet those very denominations are the ones who denounce the deity of Christ! They preach a gospel different to that preached in the New Testament.

Hence the question - is it possible to be a born-again and saved Christian yet not understand the person of Jesus Christ? Will God overlook theology and save those who have been misled? Or is it imperative that we come to an accurate understanding of God and His Word?
Update: Just to let everyone know, I never dish out thumbs' down - it's petty and meaningless.
Update 2: Some great answers here and I want to thank kbaylor 2, Wally, Psalm 27, Rescued B, cygnus, nnod and full gospel shirley for making some really important Biblical points.
Update 3: It is absolutely true that we are saved by grace. It is absolutely true that by grace we are saved through faith. It is absolutely true that we have to take in true knowledge of God and Jesus Christ. It is absolutely true that some people worship in vain because they teach the commands of men. It is... show more It is absolutely true that we are saved by grace.

It is absolutely true that by grace we are saved through faith.

It is absolutely true that we have to take in true knowledge of God and Jesus Christ.

It is absolutely true that some people worship in vain because they teach the commands of men.

It is absolutely true that we have to accept the divinity of Jesus Christ and worship him.

Trouble is, there are some denominations who claim to be Christians but who do NOT understand who Jesus was before he came to earth and his divine nature while man. Nor do they understand who he is now. In fact, they seem to be in the business of PREVENTING people from entering into the Kingdom of Heaven because they do not understand who Jesus Christ was and is. That worries me.