How can waking up in the night to perform Tahajjud (or Fajr) be made easy?

from Riyad-us-Saliheen, Hadith #1165 1165. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When any one of you sleeps, Satan ties three knots at the back of his neck. He recites this incantation at every knot: `You have a long night, so sleep.' If he awakes... show more from Riyad-us-Saliheen, Hadith #1165

1165. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When any one of you sleeps, Satan ties three knots at the back of his neck. He recites this incantation at every knot: `You have a long night, so sleep.' If he awakes and remembers Allah, one knot is loosened. If he performs Wudu', the (second) knot is loosened; and if he performs prayer, (all) knots are loosened. He begins his morning in a happy and refreshed mood; otherwise, he gets up in bad spirits and sluggish state.''

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Update: from Riyad-us-Saliheen, Hadith #1166 1166. `Abdullah bin Salam (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "O people, promote the greetings, feed (the poor and needy) and perform Salat when others are asleep so that you will enter Jannah safely.'' [At-Tirmidhi].... show more from Riyad-us-Saliheen, Hadith #1166

1166. `Abdullah bin Salam (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "O people, promote the greetings, feed (the poor and needy) and perform Salat when others are asleep so that you will enter Jannah safely.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: This Hadith has glad tidings for those who enthusiastically do all the good works mentioned in this Hadith. "Enter Jannah in peace'' here means that they will enter Jannah without suffering any punishment in Hell.

from Riyad-us-Saliheen, Hadith #1178

1178. Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Every night there is a special time during which whatever a Muslim asks Allah of any good relating to this life or the Hereafter, it will be granted to him; and this moment comes every night.''
[Muslim].
Update 2: Commentary: Like the special moment in Jumu`ah, the time when this special moment occurs every night is not determined. But it is generally in the late hours of the night because that is the best time for worship. As in the case of Lailat-ul-Qadr the wisdom of keeping it secret lies in the inducement to search it... show more Commentary: Like the special moment in Jumu`ah, the time when this special moment occurs every night is not determined. But it is generally in the late hours of the night because that is the best time for worship. As in the case of Lailat-ul-Qadr the wisdom of keeping it secret lies in the inducement to search it by means of worship and prayer, praise and remembrance of Allah.

_ _ _

Since praying in the middle of the night is such a valuable form of worship, how can we make it easier for ourselves to awake and do so? Especially for those of us who are in our youth??
Update 3: Yea but I just take my alarm clock and shut it off right away and dont wake up again and I don't get to pray AND I mess up my sleep for the rest of the night as well.....there's gotta be a better way to do both.....
12 answers 12