Father has cancer....Move the wedding date up?

My father was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in November '05, and has undergone radiation and chemo every 6 months since. The docs say he should live a normal healthy life regardless of the cancer, but he is 68 years old (I am 24), and he just seems to be getting more and more tired as time goes on... show more My father was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in November '05, and has undergone radiation and chemo every 6 months since. The docs say he should live a normal healthy life regardless of the cancer, but he is 68 years old (I am 24), and he just seems to be getting more and more tired as time goes on and he is constantly in a lot of pain. He is due for his "check up" this week to see where the cancer is and what it's doing and will probably start chemo next month. My fiance and I have planned our wedding for May '09, but we're starting to worry that my dad either won't be here for it, or that he will be too weak to walk me down the aisle. My mom says to wait and see what the docs say on Thursday, but we all have a funny feeling about it. The cancer spread before, and we're scared it has again. (God forbid) Should we start planning to move the wedding up a few months? Like maybe later this year?
23 answers 23