Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Tokio Hotel. Love them? Hate them? If so, why?

So maybe this question has been asked before.

And it's been asked about umpteenth millions of bands.

But Tokio Hotel,

A teen, punk/rock group from Germany fronted by a eighteen year old boy who isn't afraid to style himself the way he wants to.

It's all about individuality for them and as humans we judge off appearances.

Often times people hate (A very strong word) this band with good lyrics and fun tunes, because the male frontman wears makeup and has the coolest gravity-defying hair.

They call him gay though he's said many, many, many times that he isn't.

And if I were him I would be getting tired of it already.

It's funny how some people put so much, time, energy, and effort to leave comments, make hate websites, hate groups and videos burning pictures of them.

If they "hated" them so much wouldn't they want to keep them out of videos? Of headlines?

Yes, that's what everyone else thinks too.

Except for the people who are blind to their own stupidity.

What are your feelings?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Oh I love them they are German like me , they are so loved here in Germany.

• Me F.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I fell for the song Monsoon ( in typical teenybopper fashion) but Im too old to really dig them . The lyrics mean virtually nothing compared to other bands that get the point across better. Like most pop music, the chorus is fun, the beat is interesting and the look is on Q. But I gotta say, Bill is a style marker for me , I always admire people who can carrry off heavy jewelry and look comfortable, even fit with them on. I just cant rememeber to buy or put any on! I want to know thier stylist. Plus, he is truely androgynous which FEW people can be. Its mostly genetic.

If this band doesnt blow up soon in American they will go away. Dont hate them, dont love them either. More like a guilty pleasure, like looking at Bill...thats it.

• Giedre
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I am a fan of Tokio Hotel. But Im going to admit that their music is not amazing. Sure, its nice to listen to, has a good tune and Bill is an above average singer. But some of their songs are similar. Still, I love to listen to them in German and English. Either way, its good music.

Now, about Bill's appearance. I think he is a very beautiful guy. He has feminine features, long hair and a skinny body. I think this really makes him stand out from other artists. Most people just have a very limited view of beauty. And they associate certain stereotypes with styles of dress. And I admire Bill for not changing his style no matter what society or other people think of him.

• 1 decade ago

My feelings? I dont really care what others think. (I do care if one of them becomes threatened by haters, though. I'd hate to see someone try to poison their drinks like they did to poor Yunho from Dong Bang Shin Ki.) But I love Tokio Hotel with all my heart. I'm not going to go into the full sappy story, but they did bring music back into my life after I had spent months unable to listen to anything that reminded me of a very tragic incident that occured right before what was supposed to be a very special day for me. Bill's passion drew me in, and since I didnt know German, I could listen to them and not fear the memories.

So now it's a year and a half later and I'm at the top of my German II class, and I know what I want to do with my life now (German teacher babay <3) and I can once again have the simple pleasure of listening to music.

(And my undeserving self was blessed with the chance to see Bill Kaulitz live in New York City! I took the bus all the way from Maryland, a 5 hour drive, and stood 2 hours in line in the freezing rain to see their 40 minute concert in February. But oh man, it was sooooo worth it! That's a whole different experience that I cant even begin to put into words. I cried.)

Basically I'm forever loyal to the boys, whether they care or not. I cant stand seeing people show such hate to people who actually make differences in lives. And not only in the silly emotional teenager way. Tokio Hotel contributes a lot to Ein Herz für Kinder charity: A Heart For Children.

"It is an organization founded in 1978 that helps kids in need all around the world. Their work began to simply keep kids safe on the streets, but now has grown to a much larger scale. They work to aid families in need, disaster victims, children with illnesses, abused children, and so much more. Last year, with the help of Tokio Hotel, they raised over 9 million euro for their program."

How can anybody trash people who donate $14,139,000 to kids and families in need?

Anyone who shows such hate to innocent people are no better than the nazis or the Westboro Baptist 'Church' group.

Tokio Hotel forever!

Source(s): Life Experiences, Tokio Hotel Does Maryland, Caps Off for Charity http://www.tokiohoteldoesamerica.com/explanation.s...
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I like them, but my best friend who lives in germany doesn't. How ironic. I love Bill's hair and hate that people think he's gay even though he's said that he's not. The haters are losers for putting so much energy into being against them. They should use their energy to go do some volunteer work! lol

• 3 years ago

i like Tokio hotel! they are not like the Jonas Brothers! Has everybody that asserts that even regarded at Tokio hotel? Do they appear like the Jonas Brothers? NO. Has everybody that asserts that ever heard their track? Does it sound like the Jonas Brothers? (perhaps most of the songs do sometimes, yet hear to the lyrics!) NO. perhaps it is not your form of track, yet Tokio hotel's lyrics incredibly recommend something! no longer basically like the Jonas Brothers' lyrics that often appear like they're the authentic same in all of their songs. Jonas Brothers & Tokio hotel. 2 completely thoroughly opposite bands. EDIT - properly, i assume which you people who evaluate Tokio hotel to the Jonas Brothers fairly have not heard Tokio hotel's track have you ever? on account which you think of they scream! they do no longer scream merely because of the fact they have a track & an album called "Scream". & if human beings like Screamo track, then it fairly is their determination of track. genuine track to you is track that different human beings hate. bear in techniques that next time you tell somebody to bypass hear to genuine track. Oh, yeah... sounds like there is extra followers than haters!

• 1 decade ago

Personally, I love Tokio Hotel. They are my alltime favorite band. I also hate when people judge them by the way that they look, especially when they have never even listened to them. My sister hates them because she says that Bill is a girl (not gay, just a girl) and because you can't understand what they are saying. That is one of the things that I like about them... when I hear their music, it is so much better in German than in English because it is their mother toungue and there is so much more emotion in Bill's voice. Don't get me wrong, I love the English ones just as much.

I also love them because they are original. They don't follow anyone else's directions, and they do their own thing without caring what anyone thinks. I love that they all have their own unique style: Bill is "goth, "punk", "emo" whatever you wanna call that, Tom is "gangster" or whatever, Georg is so the "rocker of the group, and Gustav is definitely the manly one of the four, with the baseball caps and nothing soo special about him =]

Their sound is so amazing. Everytime I hear Heilig I want to cry, and Ich Brech Aus totally describes me. I love how every song sounds different, and they all have a distinct meaning to them... I know that a lot of people don't like the song Schwarz, but I love it. The song is all about not looking back because it will only hurt you more in the end. Even though it may not sound as good as some of the other songs they have recorded, the meaning is just so true, and people can really connect to it. Just like some of their other songs. I also really love the acoustic versions of many of their songs. For example, the studio version of Stich Ins Glueck is so amazing, and in that one, as well as all of the other ones, Bill's voice sounds so raw, and it really showcases everything he has worked for.

I definitely agree with you on how people should get over themselves because if a group of people don't like something, there are probably a thousand more people who are in love with it, and that's never going to change. People should learn the lesson everyone else knew in kindergarten: treat others the way you want to be treated, and do not judge a book by its cover. Most TH-haters have only listened to one or two songs by them, and everyone has songs that they don't like (for me it's Thema Nr. 1 and Forgotten Children). Either that, or they haven't heard them at all and are just sick of hearing other people talk about them. People are just so inconsiderate sometimes.

I could say so much more, but I'm assuming that if you made it this far, your probably sick of hearing me rant =]

• 1 decade ago

I totally understand. I hate it when people make fun or hate videos on my favorite band too (the Jonas Brothers, for example). I think its pathetic and absolutely ridiculous to waste their time making or saying such things when we COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT THE THINK. I mean, its not like by making that video, they're gonna make us hate them too... innit? Its kinda retarded in a way ! I mean, like them or hate them... its still an obsession ! But anyho, about Tokio Hotel... I think they're pretty good. I like a couple of their songs and thats it. I mean, I know when I first saw that Billy or Bill dude (whatever his name is) I thought he was gay but now that you told me that he totally denied it then OK... I believe you, lol ! So yeah... hope this helped...

Peace. Love & Jonas <33

P.S Dont listen to haters... they just do it cause they got no life of their own so they make fun of other people's ! Just igore them... (:

Source(s): Hardcore JB Fan <33 WITH OJD AND PROUD!
  • 1 decade ago

I adore Tokio Hotel :)

I could go on for hours about why, but basically

I love their music.

I love their look.

I love how they're not afraid to be themselves.

I love their devotion to their fans.

And I have to say, I adore Bill :3

• 1 decade ago

I love them & their music so much ^^

I really wonder why people have bad opinion about their look. Anyway, that's TH's look, not them(people). If they don't like TH, just cling to their idols.

P.S : Bill is a guy and he is not gay ( I can't understand why people think he is a "girl" )

• 1 decade ago

i agree...i just dumb that people spend so much time hsting tokio hotel when they could be finding out how good they are!and bills hair is better than any hair ive have EVER seen!

lols

luvsxxx

sophie

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.