What are some Interesting Facts about Earthquakes?
Socials Homework please help :)
I need some really good facts :)
- Zeta1Lv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
1) earthquakes are scary -- I have experienced a small earthquake and every thing shakes.
2) There are concentrated in certain places.
3) There are earthquakes all the time. The surface of the earth moves like crazy.
4) They are very destructive.
see National Geo
- VolusianLv 71 decade ago
On the Richter Scale, a 6.0 earthquake is 32 times more powerful than a 5.0 earthquake.
Earthquakes can make rivers run backwards.
Earthquakes can change the course of rivers.
The New Madrid Earthquake, one of the largest earthquakes ever recorded in the contiguous United States, occurred on February 7, 1812. There are estimates that the earthquakes were felt strongly over 50,000 square miles and moderately across nearly one million square miles.
Most people in California like the state despite its ‘FAULTS.’
- 1 decade ago
An earthquake is caused by sudden, harsh, violent, shifting of massive rocks called plates under the earths surface. When it continues, it creates a huge gap between the two huge plates. They can be as hard from teh scale of 0-9.
Hope thIS hElps!!! Good LuCk!!!Source(s): inTERnet
- ChrisLv 51 decade ago
They can change the depth of coastal areas, turning harbours into beaches.
Landslides triggered by earthquakes can block rivers, making lakes and temporary dams.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Sissy..♥♥♥Lv 71 decade ago
well i live in ky. and when we had an earthquake 100 yrs ago or so, they said the ohio river ran backwards. we live about 80 miles from the fault. ewww thats scary.