Where should I live in Boston as a BU grad student?

Hello! I am a student from Texas who is going to to start grad school at Boston University in the fall. My husband and I have saved up money to make this momentous trip and to pay for several months worth of rent while he looks for a job in or near Boston. Even so, we're counting on being quite poor for our... show more Hello! I am a student from Texas who is going to to start grad school at Boston University in the fall. My husband and I have saved up money to make this momentous trip and to pay for several months worth of rent while he looks for a job in or near Boston. Even so, we're counting on being quite poor for our first year as we get settled in. Thus, my question: Could you direct us to good areas to start our apartment search? We're hoping to find a place (albeit small) that is reasonably priced (from $600-1000?), full of character and in a nice, youth-friendly area (i.e. with things to do). We have no problem with commuting since it it will save us money on rent.
We're about to make a trip up to look for places to live, but I just don't know where to even begin!
Thanks for your advice.
1 answer 1