Can I find A.K.C. records from the 1940's?

While going through some papers my uncle sent to my cousin, we found some old correspondence from my grandfather and the A.K.C. regarding a dog. With the dog's registered name and dates, is there a way we can do a little investigating? We're merely curious about this dog. What breed and such. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Favorite Answer

I bet they'd have the info you're looking for, and that you could get it as long as you have the registered name (you don't have the registration number, do you? That would be a lock.). You probably won't be able to get it online, but a phone call would do.

The AKC is all about record-keeping. I bet they still have the records for you grandfather's dog. :)

Sure, go to the AKC website, there is a form you can fill out to look up pedigrees on dogs.

Call the AKC give them the info that you have and I am sure that they will be able to help you.

of course

thats why the AKC was established