Dot
Dot asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Which is Better to Swim In, The Gulf of Mexico, The Atlantic Ocean or the Pacific?

I've never been in the pacific, but the Atlantic was very cold and the Gulf was warm and you could walk out like three city blocks length and it still won't be at your shoulders lol.

Best Answer

pacific

I've only swam in the Gulf of Mexico while I was in Gulfport, MS and the water was kinda dirty and muddy. I didn't like that...but I'd still prefer that over a big ocean such as the Atlantic or Pacific! I'm not a good swimmer.

The Atlantic is fun to body surf in, but can be cold. The gulf is super warm and clear. The Pacific is clear and cold. My favorite is by far the gulf!

• calpr

Pacific, I may be partial because I miss home (So.Cal.). In the last 2 years I've been to the Gulf and the Atlantic sides of Florida. Just not the same to me, but I never got to go snorkeling in the reefs.

Depends on the water temperature you find appealing. The Pacific is chilly off the US West Coast. The Atlantic is much warmer thanks to the Gulf's infamous current—#funfact: Ben Franklin discovered the Gulf Stream.

The Gulf can feel like bath water the later it gets in the summer, something I sometimes find appealing ("the world's largest hot tub!") and sometimes find disgusting: the Gulf can make you sweatier after you get in… so yeah, too warm at times but often pretty perfect temp wise.

Forgive my late reply coming eight years after you asked… I hope you've discovered your own answer.

The Gulf of Mexico!

Gulf

Gulf, like around Cabo San Lucas.

Warm and beautiful.

The Atlantic Ocean...

Pacific is WAYY too cold. I love the gulf. I go swimming there everytime I go to Naples on break.

• GiGi!

I live about 1 hr away from the Gulf of Mexico, so I have to go with that. Never been to any of the others listed.

You forgot to mention the sugar white sandy beaches! :)