Do you judge people based on their musical preferences?

For instance, if we had never talked and I told you I adored My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy and Bullet For My Valentine, what would your reaction be? (By the way, I do NOT adore these bands) Have you ever been judged based on your musical preferences? Elaborate. How do you feel about this? Is it correct to... show more For instance, if we had never talked and I told you I adored My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy and Bullet For My Valentine, what would your reaction be? (By the way, I do NOT adore these bands)

Have you ever been judged based on your musical preferences? Elaborate.

How do you feel about this? Is it correct to judge someone based on their music? Or should you take time to get to know them?
Update: Iron Ike: I know, I am. But that's what judgement does to me. Because honestly, I DO care what other people think of me. I actually am a fan of MCR, but most people here know that. The other too...blech, tehe. And I agree, like is much deeper than what I have on my iPod. However, I tend to form relationchips... show more Iron Ike: I know, I am. But that's what judgement does to me. Because honestly, I DO care what other people think of me. I actually am a fan of MCR, but most people here know that. The other too...blech, tehe. And I agree, like is much deeper than what I have on my iPod. However, I tend to form relationchips based on music, because music plays a large role in my life.

Deke: Don't be ashamed, I do too. And thank you for being honest. By the way, I'm not saying anyone else isn't being honest.
Update 2: Julia: Haha, I'm a dork too! Woooooo for dorks!

Shades: Yes, categorize is a better word. Judging sounds a bit harsh to me anyway.
Update 3: Jake: You're not mean : ) Although, thinking lowly of people is kind of harsh. I agree with your feelings on the MTV mainstream stuff. I'd probablly just be dissapointed in the person though.

MTV kills good music :'(