When do babies graduate from stage 1 to stage 2 baby food? What's the difference?

Update: Sorry- I should add, that my baby is 7 months- soley breastfed. I try to make my own food. She eats mashed avocado, homemade apple sauce, and gerber organic bananas, as she chokes on the ones I try to make. I started her at 6 months on food and it took a good month for her to be able to swallow. She seems to be... show more Sorry- I should add, that my baby is 7 months- soley breastfed. I try to make my own food. She eats mashed avocado, homemade apple sauce, and gerber organic bananas, as she chokes on the ones I try to make. I started her at 6 months on food and it took a good month for her to be able to swallow. She seems to be doing better, and it eating carrots now (homemade and gerber). I'm unsure though, when I can expand her foods, and since she's so slow at this solid food thing, is it such a good idea to move to stage 2? I'm running out of ideas of foods to puree for her, so I'm hoping I can move her onto stage 2.