promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you agree with the warning made by the IOC to the Olympic athletes?

that if they protest, they will be "punished"?

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/st...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Ioc members are a bunch of dictators just like the Chineese government

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • fdm215
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The IOC are only thinking of the cash to be lost! Besides, a few distance runners and others have already opted out due to poor air quality in Beijing. I'm sure people can come up with valid excuses if they decide not to compete.

I'd like to see the heads of state skip the opening ceremonies to show their displeasure at China's treatment of Tibet and its shoddy human rights record overall.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I guess the IOC forgot that the Olympics don't mean a single thing WITHOUT the athletes. All they'd have would be the judges sitting in empty arenas. That would be fun to watch!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If I were an athlete, I'd tell the OIC to go shove their medals where the sun don't shine.

The assertion that the Olympics are not "political" is absurd, given its past history.

Even in ancient Athens, they all cheered the home teams, and I hardly think the 1936 Olympics were free of politics, unless you air-brush out the swastikas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No offense, but I just don't care when the IOC tells a bunch of pole vaulters and discus throwers how to behave. The NFL will be in full swing by then and will have my full attention.

• ck4829
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Athletes need to skip the Olympics in China. That gold medal isn't worth your soul.

• 1 decade ago

GOOD. Every country involved in the Olympics should do the same or keep their contenders home.

• 1 decade ago

No, I don't agree. The world is just trying to suck up to China because they have slave labor, nothing more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.