What happened to real country music?

Whats with all these upbeat happy little showtunes. I wanna hear about real llife. Like gettin pulled over for an expired inspection sticker, tranny goin out on a brand new f150 and the loaners a/c leaking freon, one night stands, bein broke because gas is drainin your wallet at 3.27 a gallon, hangovers that last... show more Whats with all these upbeat happy little showtunes. I wanna hear about real llife. Like gettin pulled over for an expired inspection sticker, tranny goin out on a brand new f150 and the loaners a/c leaking freon, one night stands, bein broke because gas is drainin your wallet at 3.27 a gallon, hangovers that last all day, gettin too drunk to drive and sleepin your car. I mean real life stuff. Not chicken nuggets, badonkadonks, life is beautiful,life's not a beach, lifes a bit**. And if I wanted to hear about loving life I would listen to Gospel music. Whats with these american idol losers coming to country music, its like if no music genre will take a loser, you can always come over to nashville country and sing crap and make a fortune. I have boycotted mainstream country for over 10 years now and I am still wanting to know when it will get better, I listen to classic and Texas country right now but just wish Nashville would get it's act together.What's your take on all this?
Update: All the Adkins are a joke and toby keith was good in 93-94 I think but not anymore. I'm 25 years old, I listen to most everything, and I have to say that the 80's era had better music in all genres, and for the younger audiences I would reccommend listening to some of the older music, you will be amazed at... show more All the Adkins are a joke and toby keith was good in 93-94 I think but not anymore. I'm 25 years old, I listen to most everything, and I have to say that the 80's era had better music in all genres, and for the younger audiences I would reccommend listening to some of the older music, you will be amazed at how much better music was back in the day
Update 2: Willie Nelson once said that he writes sad songs because it's more of a challenge, its real and theres more heart and emotion in it, I guess it just goes to show you that this other crap is just a meaningless moneymaking mindless mediated sceme. I mean they dont even write theyre own songs anymore, rappers... show more Willie Nelson once said that he writes sad songs because it's more of a challenge, its real and theres more heart and emotion in it, I guess it just goes to show you that this other crap is just a meaningless moneymaking mindless mediated sceme. I mean they dont even write theyre own songs anymore, rappers write their own songs!, it's weak and a dam_ shame.
Update 3: Keith Whitley was one of the greatest ever, he's up there with conway twitty. thats a whole different level of music, top of the pyramid. They will be remembered long after these other fake country artists are done. I have probably listened to and heard 90%of the older country music and never really got into... show more Keith Whitley was one of the greatest ever, he's up there with conway twitty. thats a whole different level of music, top of the pyramid. They will be remembered long after these other fake country artists are done. I have probably listened to and heard 90%of the older country music and never really got into chet adkins. I do like faron young and many others though. I swear if the guys on death row in prison were forced to listen to modern nashville country, they would all kill theirselves within a month, there would be no need for the lethal injection.I might just write my senator and make a suggestion.
Update 4: alright heres some old underground real country legends yall mainstream kids might now know about:
ray wylie hubbard
billy joe shaver
david allen coe
tommy alverson
rusty weir
dale watson
robert earl keen
jerry jeff walker
rodney crowell
gary p nunn
gary stewart
Update 5: Heres some Texas and Red Dirt real country music for the younger audience that I highly reccommend: cory morrow stoney larue mike mcclure robert earl keen jason boland randy rogers aaron watson honeybrown charlie robison chris knight daryl dodd roger creager cross canadian ragweed the great... show more Heres some Texas and Red Dirt real country music for the younger audience that I highly reccommend:
cory morrow
stoney larue
mike mcclure
robert earl keen
jason boland
randy rogers
aaron watson
honeybrown
charlie robison
chris knight
daryl dodd
roger creager
cross canadian ragweed
the great divide
pat green
steve earl
wade bowen

and heres a good sight for those that are interested in Texas music, there is more to it than you might think, so check it out

www.lonestarmusic.com
Update 6: Oh, im sorry I meant all the adkins are a joke, I actually like rhett akins
Update 7: their mainstream to me too, but I dont know about the rest of america
Update 8: I dont know those lyrics and dont know how to delete answers, theres no such thing as a dumb answer,right
Update 9: Actually Conway twitty said that, but I hear ya. The two idiots big dufus and the rich pdiddy wanna be will never be remembered in 20 years. Classic country will still be the classic country of today, just watch. I havent bought a new released commercial country album in over 10 years. The only albums I buy are... show more Actually Conway twitty said that, but I hear ya. The two idiots big dufus and the rich pdiddy wanna be will never be remembered in 20 years. Classic country will still be the classic country of today, just watch. I havent bought a new released commercial country album in over 10 years. The only albums I buy are from bands that play in local saloons and dancehalls. I sometimes order old country albums like conway or earl thomas conley for example off of amazon.com for about 2$ which is awesome and I highly reccommend doing it. To me I dont really care about that music and dont listen to it, but the younger generation is what I feel bad for. I have a younger brother that cant listen to the junk, so he listens to punk rock or texas country. Which is fine, because that punk rock music actually has meaningful lyrics and is a lot better nashville mainstream country these days. I tried to contact cmt, but they dont even wanna hear your opinion, cause they dont care, its all big money
Update 10: hmm, seems I've got a new fan
Update 11: I just like to get on here and hopefully turn some people onto some country music. A lot of people out there cant relate to music these days and really need to hear something that they can relate to and help them deal with their situation and make them feel like their not the only ones going through hard times. I... show more I just like to get on here and hopefully turn some people onto some country music. A lot of people out there cant relate to music these days and really need to hear something that they can relate to and help them deal with their situation and make them feel like their not the only ones going through hard times. I just want people to know that their is music out their that can help them cope and that life isnt all like a lot of songs nowadays portrays and that its alright to be normal and broke and down and out, poor and middle class. Thats life and theres no reason to act like someone your not, its alright to be yourself. thanks for the answers, I ask a lot of questions like this frequently and I will continue too. I'm going to try and get a site up so poeple can discuss and share views like this,thanks
Update 12: I have to disagree, I know if kids heard older country they would fall in love with it. My brother has daughters between 8-14 and they now listen to the old stuff, the other day he caught one downloading T Graham Brown, they just need to hear it, thats it. The little kids love roger miller, who doesnt? One day this... show more I have to disagree, I know if kids heard older country they would fall in love with it. My brother has daughters between 8-14 and they now listen to the old stuff, the other day he caught one downloading T Graham Brown, they just need to hear it, thats it. The little kids love roger miller, who doesnt? One day this pop country crap will end, just wait and see, if not, theres always red dirt music, if you cant get it up north, then you can order it off lonestarmusic or amazon.com, but by all means dont lose brain cells and torture yourself because of whats on the radio