Resume writing tips?

I am currently updating my resume. I've run into a slight problem - many of the companies that I've worked for I started off at entry level and moved my way up to a higher position. Should I list these as two completely different entries, or combine them?

My resume (for the same company) currently looks like the following:

January 2005 - May 2007 Clerk

May 2007 - Present Supervisor

Or should I do it like this:

January 2005 - May 2007: initial position Clerk, promoted to Supervisor

Favorite Answer

When I am looking at resumes I want to see where they currently are with their skills, so I would suggest the 1st option and drop the initial clerk. You can always have a summery at the end explaining you started as a clerk, it will look really good and also show that you are a "quick learner". A straight to the point resume is best... but at the same time include what you have learned and your personal qualities! Good luck job hunting : )

Source(s): Just a smart girl!

i did mine like the first. employers will be able to see better the good job you're doing if you use the dates...if they see it's been a short amount of time between promotions they are more likely to grasp your work ethics and you just may get the job!!!

good luck!

leave off the clerk par. just put that your a supervisor

if your using microsoft word they have some really awsome templates. that what i used in making mine

i think, this is only me opinion, i would choose the first one