promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Georgia. asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Scottish terrier behavior?

im looking for a dog and i wanted to know what scottish terriers behavior is like to see if it sutes my life style

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some of the answer's already given to you are just ridiculous! Laughable! I have a one-year old scottish terrier male who is the love of my husband's and my life. He is our protector- very in tune to what is going on. He doesn't shed, weighs around 20 pounds, he's very active- needs at LEAST (2) 30 minute walks a day and a lot of playing time. He can entertain himself for hour's with his toys. Never has chewed up one bit of furniture in the house and never get's on the sofa. Loves chasing squirls in the yard. He's not a lap dog- so don't expect a scottie to sit in your lap and for you to pet him/her all night. He's independent, get's along well with other dogs and loves people. (you will need to socialize your scottie immediately upon getting him/her at a dog park). Our dog is so loyal and friendly. Everyone loves his expressions. If you have time in your day to devote to a dog who has a lot of personality and is a spitfire for sure- not a lap dog who lays around all day- a scottish terrier is the dog for you!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Scottish Terrier Behavior

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Scottish Terriers are very cute but often hyper little dogs. They are a sturdy terrier, quite smart can be stubborn as well. They are active and can be fun to run and hike with. Most are quite confident. Be sure to socialize and train well during your first 3 years as some of these guys get snappy and aggressive. If you want the 'white version' - West Highland Terriers are similar just white in color.

www.akc.org will have more information in addition to some breed clubs. Cheers.

• 1 decade ago

I just met a man on one of my dogs walks who had a Scottish Terrier. He said having a Scottie was like living with an alligator!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

As a groomer, the males are notorious for becoming grumpy old men. The females are usually better temperment.

• 1 decade ago

Google the breed.

Scotties are notorious for being "one person" dogs. If you want the dog to interact with the whole family, it would be best to consider a different breed.

Please do not rely on YA advice. Do some of your own research. There are plenty of resources for you to use to research the different temperaments of specific dogs- take advantage of them!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

check dogbreedinfo.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.