Why exactly do I look like a "mean girl"?

Everyone I know says,

"I can't believe how different you are than what I though you were like. I thought you'd be a total b*tch!"

It kind of hurts. I try so hard to be nice to everyone and smile all the time. My friends are a little conceited, but I go out of my way to not be like them.

Girls whisper about me and start rumors. It's becoming a huge problem.

Why is it that I look so mean?

How do I appear to be nicer?

Favorite Answer

To much make up. Everything looks so defined. Ex. your eyes seem to stand out becasue they are lined so much. Less defining features may create a softer, nicer look.

That's easy... Guys are intimidated and girls are jealous of how stunningly beautiful you are. Most people assume that you're stuck up. Goes to show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Most of the girls I date have very similar features and get the same responses. Don't change a thing about yourself, but get used to people having the wrong impression. The ones worth knowing will take the time to find out that you are kind and caring.

Okay, don't worry, Bratty Girls will always be like that, and start rumors. Do erase the mean look, try to not arch your ayebrows too much when you get them threaded, waxed, etc. Keep a slight smile to get used to it. Stay normal, becuase when your all nice and quiet, then suddenly you HAVE to lash out at someone, people will think your mean. If you stay normal and be yourself, people will know that you have a life too and know that you aren't a mean girl. And then if people can't belive that, you abviously know they are jealous of you, cuz girl, You are Very Pretty.

Hope This Helps,

MissMish

It might be the eyebrows. I'm not sure what you can do. I guess just try to appear more humble. Maybe act a little goofy, let your guard down a bit so that people don't feel intimidated by you. And maybe make friends with people you wouldn't normally hang out with. No one should have bad rumors spread about them.

They watch too many American shows about the plastic girls who flick their hair back and are stunning.

Just because you probably have a bubbly personality and are popular in school - they asume your a *****?

I have no idea. But you don't look like a *****. You look like a girl thats bound to be popular in school because of the good looks. Accept who you are. Don't change. If they think your a btich - your a *****. Just go up to the girls who are bitching about you and say "is there a problem?" OR have a little party and ivnite everyone over who are bitching about you and your mates etc. Let them get to know you better

It's your nose and your lips...The front pic it's your eyes, but I think it's a nice exotic look. They expect you to be mean because you are pretty and you said your friends are kind of mean.

I had that problem in high school, but I wasn't mean either. Now that I'm an adult, people think the same thing about me until they get to know me. Then they see I'm a goof ball.

Well,my dad explined this to me and it is most definetly the people you maybe hang out with.if you hang around the conceited,stuck up popular chicks there going to judge you on the peole your around.

Like heres an example:

you=karly

your friend=kaitlin

"Oh my god,look at karly!Shes hanging around the stuck up aitlin now...ughh!!!I bet she just turned into her and shes just a mini- kaitlin...what a loser!"

Trust me it happened to me sicne i would always have the best clothes,all expensive jewelery on,and tons of make up on when i didnt need it everyone thought i was just bragging and trying to look good to impress people when i really didn't do either.

• Susan

Exotic means that something is strange and foreign to what someone usually sees. For example if I, a black girl, went to Poland I would be exotic to the people there. The same way a person of Polish descent would be exotic to the natives of Vietnam or Nigeria.

You obviously put alot of time into your appearance, and that makes it look like that's your first priority.

So that's probably what alot of it's about.

Plus girls have a thing for hurting each other as much as possible, and many women don't grow out of it...so get used to it. Try not to let it hurt you.

Its because you are pretty.

Girls who see someone prettier than them or have features that they desperately want unconciously get intimidated by them.

Most think that somebody "so perfect" will think they're ugly.

So they think the pretty girl may go out of her way to ***** at them.

And your face has a kind of "fierce" look to it because of the raised and pointed eyebrows.

By simply just being kind I think that more people may find out you are the kind person you are on the inside.

because your gorgeous. the girls want to be like you so they start rumors and talk about you. I'm not trying to be rude, but judging by your looks you look like a pretty concieted person, at the same time you look like a *****. i know that sounds really rude of me, but i'm sure you are a sweet person. I find myself in highschool to, i'm not saying im drop dead gorgeous or anything like but alot of people spread rumors about me and they always said i was a ***** and i dont think im a ***** at all.. i think im really nice to people. maybe i rub people the wrong way?

well i'm not sure how to help you other then to ignore it, i mean i dropped out of school and i went doing online and my life has become sooo much better and so much less dramatic. But i'm not encouraging you to drop out.