Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

how do you become flexible ?

I need to be able to do the splits, a toetouch, & switchleaps in about a week. How can i become flexible enough to do that? or is that not possible..

Update:

I need to be able to do the splits, a toetouch, & switchleaps in about a week. How can i become flexible enough to do that? or is that not possible..i can touch my toes when i'm stretching & i already stretch a lot. are their any specific stretches i can do ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Whether or not this is possible depends on your current level of flexibility. If you're already almost there, not a problem. If you can only reach to your knees, then a week will be insufficient.

Look here for some simple stretch advice:

http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/flexibilityexe...

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sorry, but you can't get the splits down in just a week. Toetouches and switch leaps are both very hard to learn with no dance experience and no teacher there to help you. Why didn't you start preparing earlier if you knew you needed to learn these things?

For splits, warm up until you're sweating lightly and go into the splits as far as you can and hold it for 2-3 minutes. Then do the other leg in front and the middle splits.

• Meghan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Getting your flexibility level up is not too hard. Just sit on the floor, straddle your legs, put a book on the ground (or watch TV) and stretch forward. There are a lot of ways to stretch incorrectly, so make sure you look for that kind of stuff online before you do anything too extreme. It shouldn't hurt too badly, so don't just deal with a lot of pain trying to stretch further. In any position, stretch further and further UNTIL it hurts. There should be a minor discomfort as your muscles are being worked a little bit beyond their normal level, but it shouldn't HURT badly... if it does, you went too far and you need to pull back a little. Develop a routine and stick to it daily for about a month, then evaluate your progress. If you show improvement, stick to the routine and maybe step it up a notch or two. If not, take a look at what isn't working and come back and ask about it again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

practice practice practice!

every single day for an hour or so stretch!!stretch your hamstrings and your legs.

then try to do the splits toetouches and switchleaps. even if your not there yet keep trying. itll make you better.

its gonna be pretty hard but if you dedicate at least an hour and 45 minutes (MORE if you can!) itll give you a pretty good splits toetouch and switchleap

Source(s): dancing since i was 3..
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

hmmm...a week is pretty tough, but stretch as much as you can a day...just stretch every open minute. once you've loosened up you groin, hip flexers, and hamstrings... go down into the splits and hold iit there for at least 30 seconds...anything less and you won't have allowed your muscles enough time to actually loosen...do this multiple times and pray for them to come!

good luck!

Source(s): dancer!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

practise every day hold your splits for approx. 2 minites on each leg a day take a deep breath and then as you breath out you should go lower. if you keep practising you will improve but i dont know if you will be able to do that in 1 week. good luck

• 1 decade ago

it may not be possible to get it all down, but if you work hard you could get most. just remember not to stretch too hard or bob (it tears muscles) and keep in mind everyone has bad stretching days and favours one leg over the other. good luck!!

Source(s): Dancer.
  • 1 decade ago

lay in slplits and straddles as far as you can go while you watch a movie or do homework or whatever for like an hour a day and just keep stretching every chance you get.

• 1 decade ago

That's probably not possible. And you might seriously hurt yourself trying. It takes years for some people to get the splits.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

stretch

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.