Propeller Car Made with Brick Body?

Hello all!, for a physics project we were given the task of assembling a propeller car that is propelled entirely by a wind driven propeller. So i was considering making mine out of brick, since there is an extra credit assignment for making the "heaviest" car. Thus i decided to make the body of my car, a brick. I will use custom built "rubber bands" made of inner tube, much similar to that of the inner tube used in bicycle tires. I was also going to have wheels made of either wood or steel, with obvious friction reduction add-ons. Im still not sure extacly on how big my propellers should be and how many i should have. So i was basically wondering, is it entirely pluasible? could this project work potentially? Or sohuld i save myself the money and just not buy the materials and go with a more traditional design? thank you for all answers!

Favorite Answer

bricks + steel wheels + rubber bands ??

NA NA NA

the point is to have a car that is propelled by air. If you have a car that actually does work this way, you can always add weight to it.

I suggest that you go for a Car that is size of a shoe (12" x 4" x 5").

add a prop about 6" dia , purchased from a local RC shop, power the prop with an electric motor (also from RC shop), Rubber tires (for good traction) and add rechargeable batteries to it.

For car, you may get it from local toy store with all the above mentioned qualities in it.

I asure u it will be heavy.

It's barely going to move, if at all, with that heavy a body.

If you want to make a try, make everything as big as you can. The biggest and most rubber bands, the biggest prop with the most blades you can fit in.

challenging factor. look into over a search engine. that will could actually help!

sophisticated situation. query over google or bing. that will could actually help!