What are the famous food out there that represents USA? (United States of America)?

I'm working on an art piece and the theme that I set for myself is United States and it's bout Food.

So, what are the famous

- Candies

- Sweets

- Soft drinks

- Fast Food (hmm mac and?)

- Famous Restaurants (the restaurant names) that you frequent

- any others

out there?

Remember, it's United States, im not just focusing on one state or city.

It will be awesome if you could list me the state/city of a particular food, like where it's originated from AND also, include the pictures (good to have as I need reference to draw them lol)

Hershey, M&M, burgers fries come to mind any others?

Thanks for your help!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Shar
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You are correct in not wanting just one particular food item as there are so many different foods that are particular to certain areas of the country..i.e.: Boston is famous for its baked beans or clam chowder; New Orleans is famous for its Cajun cuisine such as seafood gumbo, red beans and rice, a sandwich called a Po-boy, etc; other southern states such as Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia are famous for their "down-home cooking" such as stews, baked yams, biscuits (not the tea and biscuit type); Chicago is famous for pizza and so is New York; Texas is famous for barbecue and chilli..I could go on and on. But the typical idea of American food has always been hot dogs, apple pie, hamburgers, coca-cola, etc. Just a note though..we do not all eat at McDonalds.. :)

• Joan R
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Candies - Salt water taffy (Atlantic City) and Pralines (New Orleans)

Sweets - Sweet Potato Pie (anywhere in the south) and Boston Cream Pie (Boston)

Soft Drinks - Dr Pepper (Texas)

Fast Food - Whopper (Burger King)

Famous Restaurants - TGIF (nationwide), Mansion at Turtle Creek (Dallas), Joe's Stone Crabs (Miami), Space Needle (Seattle) and the Parker House (Boston)

• 1 decade ago

Coca Cola & Pepsi

Hot dogs

Wendys, burger king,McDonalds basically all the fast food chains

Pizza-from chicago and new york

steak

• 1 decade ago

I'd say McDonald's for the restaurant and hot dogs for the food!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Here is my suggestion. Good Luck with the project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coney_Island_(restaur...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tacos, pizza, gyros

• 1 decade ago

ever hear as american as apple pie ????????????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.