What are the famous food out there that represents USA? (United States of America)?

I'm working on an art piece and the theme that I set for myself is United States and it's bout Food.

So, what are the famous

- Candies

- Sweets

- Soft drinks

- Fast Food (hmm mac and?)

- Famous Restaurants (the restaurant names) that you frequent

- any others

out there?

Remember, it's United States, im not just focusing on one state or city.

It will be awesome if you could list me the state/city of a particular food, like where it's originated from AND also, include the pictures (good to have as I need reference to draw them lol)

Hershey, M&M, burgers fries come to mind any others?

Thanks for your help!

• Shar
    Best Answer

You are correct in not wanting just one particular food item as there are so many different foods that are particular to certain areas of the country..i.e.: Boston is famous for its baked beans or clam chowder; New Orleans is famous for its Cajun cuisine such as seafood gumbo, red beans and rice, a sandwich called a Po-boy, etc; other southern states such as Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia are famous for their "down-home cooking" such as stews, baked yams, biscuits (not the tea and biscuit type); Chicago is famous for pizza and so is New York; Texas is famous for barbecue and chilli..I could go on and on. But the typical idea of American food has always been hot dogs, apple pie, hamburgers, coca-cola, etc. Just a note though..we do not all eat at McDonalds.. :)

• Joan R

Candies - Salt water taffy (Atlantic City) and Pralines (New Orleans)

Sweets - Sweet Potato Pie (anywhere in the south) and Boston Cream Pie (Boston)

Soft Drinks - Dr Pepper (Texas)

Fast Food - Whopper (Burger King)

Famous Restaurants - TGIF (nationwide), Mansion at Turtle Creek (Dallas), Joe's Stone Crabs (Miami), Space Needle (Seattle) and the Parker House (Boston)

Coca Cola & Pepsi

Hot dogs

Wendys, burger king,McDonalds basically all the fast food chains

Pizza-from chicago and new york

steak

I'd say McDonald's for the restaurant and hot dogs for the food!

Here is my suggestion. Good Luck with the project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coney_Island_(restaur...

Tacos, pizza, gyros

ever hear as american as apple pie ????????????