Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

rabbit hutch?

is it better to have a rabbit hutch on the ground/close to the ground? or one that's like, 4ft above the ground?

i'm buying new one for my rabbit, because it's leaking :(

and which one would be best?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

get one with legs, else it could rot from bring to close to moisture.

I think 2ft off the ground is about right, because its elavated, and easier to clean out than one on the floor. Also, the bunny wouldnt hurt himself as much if he fell out or escaped than in a 4ft one. (i mean if the hutch opened, or something).

• 1 decade ago

I am getting a bunny this week!! I am building a hutch that is about 3 ft off the ground. I think they are safer because of

predators. You should also have an outdoor run, so your rabbit can graze on the fresh grass. You could get the hutch that is off the ground and has a ramp going down it to it' secure run.

• 1 decade ago

Hi,

Get a rabbit hutch on legs, the ones you place on the concrete floor are prone to damp, and vermin.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I recommend one off the ground, they are much safer, last longer and way easier to clean, get one with a pull-out bottom if you can.

Hope I helped, good luck ;)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

four feet above the ground. its warmer and cats can't reach it easily. if it is on the ground, slugs will get in, cats will try to attack, and rain may seep through.

all the best for the bunnies!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.