What is the medical effect of wearing socks all the time?

I wear socks all the time and am concerned that maybe my habit is hurting my health. Any idea of what the side effects may be? My hands sweat a lot and I was thinking the two may be related.

• Slappy
    Favorite Answer

I have never heard of any "side effects" of wearing socks. The only concern I can think of is your feet can't "breath". That seems like they would perspire and possibly cause bacteria or something. That might be a concern. I don't know if there is any medical research on such an unusual question but your physician would be the best person to ask on this.

Your hand sweating has more to do with body temperature than anything else. I don't think there are any side effects other than itchiness if you wear socks all the time.

sounds to me that this is a form of security. Some things are not physical they are (mental in a respectful way) Sounds to me that you may have anxiety and insecurities that needs to be addressed ( just a opinion)