Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How would you know if a social worker needed additional training?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    More specifics would be helpful on this...

    It might vary from state to state. I live in Wisconsin, so I'll use that. There are many jobs you can do that do social worker-related things, that won't pay well, but you don't need a degree to do them. However, to actually call yourself a social worker in the state of WI and be certified you need to have a bachelor's degree or higher IN Social Work. A social work major will have practicums/field work as part of their placement, so they will be doing real-life work, kind of like an internship. That will help you to be trained to go right into work when you graduate. Hopefully that helps a little. It's also helpful to look at job descriptions (try of things you'd be interested in doing - look at the qualifications and education required to see what you'd need to do!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.