EmilioB asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Why Does JJ Redick Get no run??

he was considered the greatest shooter in college....and he can't get any minutes....why is that? is it becuz he can't play defense??

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hey i go to about every magic home game and always read the paper and ive talked to jj. cause im a member at rdv where the magic practice. jj doesnt get no burn no because his defense is no good. its because he has been fighting with otis smith the gm and van gundy. he wants out. for all you that say he has no d what happened in summer league when he was averaging 20pts a game and 5 steals. be serious its the magic front office that sucks. look at all the guys they had and let go basically hall of famers.

shaq,billups,aktins,ben wallace,...... alot more and alot to come

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Redick's defense is below average - if he can play D in Ray Allen's level (actually Allen is not a spectecular defender), he should get 20 minutes a game, yet he always looks half step slower while chasing his man (not to mention he can't absorb much bumps) and leaves enough room for opponents to have a second of good look and shoot. This is something fatal because points Redick scored are more or less the same to points scored on Redick by opponents. Redick's offense is less impressed, too. A notable problem is his hesitation to shoot (even at open look). My courtside obversation tells that his teammates trust his shooting but he simply loses his confidence to make shots. I think Redick should stay firm to get transfer or he will follow Trajan Langdon's footstep.

• 1 decade ago

he was a great college player , we all know that.. but he has had some trouble shooting in the nba thus far when he has gotten some minutes.. he isnt really a playmaker with the ball and his defense is very suspect.. if you start him at the 2, then that means either him or jameer nelson must guard the other teams 2 which can be someone such as kobe, tmac, vince carter, or dwayne wade and this messes up your entire defensive scheme because that is an obvious mismatch..

• 1 decade ago

He is a very bad defender. Yes he is a very very good shooter but if you can't play defense the coach won't give you and playing time. If JJ can improve his defense, then i'm sure he would be getting a lot of playing time and a lot of points.

Source(s): BIG Orlando Magic fan.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In the NBA, everybody can shoot. The NBA and college ball are world's apart. Those wide open 3 pointers he had at Duke are gone. He's now got somebody in his grill and he can't create a shot. Defense is part of it, so is his inability to create a shot when he's guarded.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Very one dimensional....he can only play shooting guard and at that position you gotta be able to defend...it also would help if you expanded his game to being able to put the ball on the floor and penetrating

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

red dick is sorry, i told everyone he would suck in the nba even before he was drafted. he doesnt have a body for the nba, nor hes nba material.

• 1 decade ago

He is a good shooter. But thats about it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

orlando already has a good team, he will be traded in the summer though, cuz he is a good player

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's not a good NBA player

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.