Domestic Violence Against Women SHOCKING!!!?

12.9 million incidents: The British Crime Survey found that there were an estimated 12.9 million incidents of domestic violence acts (that constituted non-sexual threats or force) against women and 2.5 million against men in England and Wales in the year preceding interview (Walby & Allen, 2004). One call a minute... show more 12.9 million incidents: The British Crime Survey found that there were an estimated 12.9 million incidents of domestic violence acts (that constituted non-sexual threats or force) against women and 2.5 million against men in England and Wales in the year preceding interview (Walby & Allen, 2004).
One call a minute to the police: Though only a minority of incidents of domestic violence are reported to the police , the police still receive one call about domestic violence for every minute in the UK, an estimated 1,300 calls each day or over 570,000 each year. (Stanko, 2000). However, according to the British Crime Survey, less than 40% of domestic violence crime is reported to the police (Dodd et al, July 2004; Walby and Allen, 2004; Home Office, 2002).
Homicide: On average, two women a week are killed by a violent partner or ex-partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims. (Povey, (ed.), 2005; Home Office, 1999; Department of Health, 2005)
Update: This is an eye opener especially to those who say Islam is opressive towards women.
Then Im asking u is Britain being ruled by Islam.
Then I guess we can easily say that Freedom and democracy is an oppressive regime towards women.

Most of the rapists do not even get a proper punishment.
Update 2: http://www.womensaid.org.uk/default.asp
Update 3: errmm dont like it there dont live there?
why do I have to move? Why am I not allowed to question anything? If we don't question anything how are thing supposed to change?
I only hear this response when people don't have a valid answer!
Update 4: This is not against Islam.
This is for those who say Islam is oppressive yet they fail to see injustices committed in the western societies by those who are not Muslim but believe in the western ideology.
I'm not attacking anyone either just an eye opener...