Stpud kids today?? or just way mis informed?

I heard on the news today and 1/4 of students at a high school in Florida thought that by drinking a cup of bleach you can cure aids.. and you can get pregnant if you take a shot of Mt Dew after sex. What is the world coming to?

Favorite Answer

It's about parents who are too busy, too tired, too whatever to be there for kids to ask questions

Parents who oppose sex ed in school because

a) if they know about they'll do it

b) sex ed belongs in the home for parents to teach and parents are not talking abou it.

Teachers who have no time to teach anything except what's on the test because

the law of the land (if school district wants Fed money and who doesn't) is called

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND-

specifically designed to make kids drop out and to drum out educators who feel the need to educate.

I think it's just kids being experimental, alot of teens nowadays don't have the luxury of parents being comfortable enough to sit down and actually talk to them. Or the time or patience. And unfortunately the news doesn't apply to all teens, you only hear about bad stuff on the news. You don't hear about the good things some teens are actually out there doing. So for everybody, don't believe everything you hear.

I think its parents. We are living in the age of communication...yeah but we forgot to talk to our childern in that process. This world is something else isn't it? My sister is in the 2nd grade and she tells me that they talk about sex all the time. In freakin' 2nd grade!

I certainly hope people don't believe this stuff! Luckily enough, I talk openly with my daughter, so she knows the truth.

are you serious? These are high school kids? I don't know what to say about that.