Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

How much does daycare typically cost?

I know it's different everywhere you go, I was just looking for a rough idea. Private sitters vs daycares, which would you recommend? And typically how much they cost.

I want to take a course that starts next November- it is full time for 5 months, but I will have had my daughter in August.

(Its not written in stone so don't bother answering if youre just going to write "you cant go back to school with a three month old!!!" Im well aware that it might just not happen.)

Someone suggested getting a nanny, having someone come to my house.... would anyone recommend that? I dont know anyone right now that could but I always see girls advertising in the childcare section of the newspaper. Has anyone else hired someone to come to your house?

Favorite Answer

go for it! you can go back to school..you are trying to better yourself so why not!

its like 90 a week for that age in my city....and maybe a bit more for an actual daycare facility..

Source(s): *tatted mommy to a 3 month old cutie pie boy* *married to my wonderful soulmate*

I'm in Northern Cali and we're paying $76 dollars a week on daycare for my 3 month old. He just goes to an actual daycare, not a home daycare or private nanny.

Daycares in Kansas can run from $90 to $120 a week for a full-time infant.

For an infant, I would recommend a private daycare home....they typically will have not have as many babies as a center....and they don't have to deal with being short-staffed in the infant room due to call-ins, walk-outs and such.

the center in my town is $180 a week for infants.

It would be $300 a week for my 3 y/o and 5 month old Thats why I'm a SAHM, no way I'd make enough to pay for daycare.

Gosh! you are lucky in the US, I'm trying to get my daughter in childcare in NZ and it costs around $220 US for a week, and there is no space guaranteed, she is in waiting lists at the moment, has been in one for over 6 months and still no space. The only place that has got spaces charges $80 US a day, which I cannot afford cause I'm at Uni.

in my city ive found that daycares can be from 120 per week to 250 per week. BUT I WOULDNT EVER consider leaving my child with someone in their home. With as many stories you hearon the news about abductions and kidnappings that is very dangerous.

• Diane

Here in Australia its on average $70 per day for all day care (7am-6pm) But after government assistance benefit, I only pay $32 per day And we get half of what we pay refunded to us every 4 months

• babyg

depends.. I have hear going to YMCA is about 500 a month and depend on the day care

I have seen people charge 1,200 for whole month

Why not just get nanny... for that few hours... and days you go the class

its going to cost around 100 to 150 dollers but infants are going to run more then older children

maybe 150 a week