Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

How much does daycare typically cost?

I know it's different everywhere you go, I was just looking for a rough idea. Private sitters vs daycares, which would you recommend? And typically how much they cost.

I want to take a course that starts next November- it is full time for 5 months, but I will have had my daughter in August.

(Its not written in stone so don't bother answering if youre just going to write "you cant go back to school with a three month old!!!" Im well aware that it might just not happen.)

Update:

Someone suggested getting a nanny, having someone come to my house.... would anyone recommend that? I dont know anyone right now that could but I always see girls advertising in the childcare section of the newspaper. Has anyone else hired someone to come to your house?

Update 2:

Someone suggested getting a nanny, having someone come to my house.... would anyone recommend that? I dont know anyone right now that could but I always see girls advertising in the childcare section of the newspaper. Has anyone else hired someone to come to your house?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

go for it! you can go back to school..you are trying to better yourself so why not!

its like 90 a week for that age in my city....and maybe a bit more for an actual daycare facility..

Source(s): *tatted mommy to a 3 month old cutie pie boy* *married to my wonderful soulmate*
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm in Northern Cali and we're paying $76 dollars a week on daycare for my 3 month old. He just goes to an actual daycare, not a home daycare or private nanny.

• 1 decade ago

Daycares in Kansas can run from $90 to $120 a week for a full-time infant.

For an infant, I would recommend a private daycare home....they typically will have not have as many babies as a center....and they don't have to deal with being short-staffed in the infant room due to call-ins, walk-outs and such.

• 1 decade ago

the center in my town is $180 a week for infants.

It would be $300 a week for my 3 y/o and 5 month old Thats why I'm a SAHM, no way I'd make enough to pay for daycare.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Gosh! you are lucky in the US, I'm trying to get my daughter in childcare in NZ and it costs around $220 US for a week, and there is no space guaranteed, she is in waiting lists at the moment, has been in one for over 6 months and still no space. The only place that has got spaces charges $80 US a day, which I cannot afford cause I'm at Uni.

• 1 decade ago

in my city ive found that daycares can be from 120 per week to 250 per week. BUT I WOULDNT EVER consider leaving my child with someone in their home. With as many stories you hearon the news about abductions and kidnappings that is very dangerous.

• Diane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Here in Australia its on average $70 per day for all day care (7am-6pm) But after government assistance benefit, I only pay $32 per day And we get half of what we pay refunded to us every 4 months

• babyg
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

depends.. I have hear going to YMCA is about 500 a month and depend on the day care

I have seen people charge 1,200 for whole month

Why not just get nanny... for that few hours... and days you go the class

• 1 decade ago

its going to cost around 100 to 150 dollers but infants are going to run more then older children

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

maybe 150 a week

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.