How much does daycare typically cost?

I know it's different everywhere you go, I was just looking for a rough idea. Private sitters vs daycares, which would you recommend? And typically how much they cost. I want to take a course that starts next November- it is full time for 5 months, but I will have had my daughter in August. (Its not written... show more I know it's different everywhere you go, I was just looking for a rough idea. Private sitters vs daycares, which would you recommend? And typically how much they cost.
I want to take a course that starts next November- it is full time for 5 months, but I will have had my daughter in August.

(Its not written in stone so don't bother answering if youre just going to write "you cant go back to school with a three month old!!!" Im well aware that it might just not happen.)
Update: Someone suggested getting a nanny, having someone come to my house.... would anyone recommend that? I dont know anyone right now that could but I always see girls advertising in the childcare section of the newspaper. Has anyone else hired someone to come to your house?
Update 2: Someone suggested getting a nanny, having someone come to my house.... would anyone recommend that? I dont know anyone right now that could but I always see girls advertising in the childcare section of the newspaper. Has anyone else hired someone to come to your house?