Have you ever wondered how a person would feel when they hear someone say "God saved my life" in a disaster,

and the person had lost a loved one in the same disaster? Does that statement imply that God wasnt watching out for the people who were killed?

Best Answer

I know what your saying,,they should not say that

because it was just that person,s time to go,

another thing that bothers me is when someone say,s

look what God has given me ,while another is standing there

with no money or riches and has been a child of God

people should think before they speak sometime,s.

No, it doesn't. It might mean that the one who "died" (as Christians we assume there's no death, just a change) was needed more elsewhere, or he/she had done all that was required of him/her in this life, or he/she had worked hard and earned a rest. There are positive reasons for being taken. I understand, though, that a non-believing person could feel hurt by a statement like that, even if the hurt was unintended and was meant simply to credit God with the outcome.

____+

____+ ~

+++++++++

____+

____+

____+

____+

By his providence God protects and governs all things which he has made, "reaching mightily from one end of the earth to the other, and ordering all things well". For "all are open and laid bare to his eyes", even those things which are yet to come into existence through the free action of creatures.

The witness of Scripture is unanimous that the solicitude of divine providence is concrete and immediate; God cares for all, from the least things to the great events of the world and its history. the sacred books powerfully affirm God's absolute sovereignty over the course of events: "Our God is in the heavens; he does whatever he pleases."162 and so it is with Christ, "who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens".163 As the book of Proverbs states: "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will be established."

Yeah, my favorite ones are when a child is the sole survivor of a disaster like plane crash, train wreck, tornadoed house, and everyone is like "It's a miracle!" while conveniently forgetting the other dead children in the wreckage.

I also like when God answers people prayers like for curing their bad cold while failing to realize that the prayers of parents of kids with terminal leukemia are getting left behind.

And what is all that crap about "needed elsewhere?" Where? Heaven? What use does god have for dead kids in heaven? Oh yeah, he needed more kids to praise him, since that is what heaven is all about. Being near and praising God. It's a rubbish explanation. I have yet to see anything in Bible that talks about why God would need a little kid in heaven.

(Maybe it's to keep the priests happy...)

If I was the one who lost my love one, and I have been in this situation...I'd knew that it was God's will and it was their time to go home....and it wasn't time for the other and I was happy for the one left with the knowledge that God reached out and touched their life

• Diane

Of all the misery and grief and adversity in the world, it is my misfortune that merits God's attention the most. I'm mediocerly talented, I am virtuous only some of the time, my contribution to the world is nil, but no! I deserve his partiality, his favoritism! Delusions of grandeur, Eartha, and an absurd sense of entitlement. It intrigues me, it doesn't bother me.

It might imply that the person that was saved from the disaster had prayed! We do have a certain amount of protection you know!

Yes, it does imply that. And the other person would only feel bad if they had their head screwed on straight. If they were talking to another christian, then they'd be fine with their loved one being dead. They just think , "They're with god now"...no remorse or mourning or any feelings to speak of. Creepy.

Source(s): Atheist Pride

It means God decided one to live and another to die..

and even that is a blessing.

• Helldern6 years agoReport

"It means God decided one to live and another to die.. "
      By your logic God decides that everyday thousands of starving children die in Africa. heh what a nice god.

It does, and it is a little selfish. It wouldn't frustrate me for that reason though - I'd be annoyed that they weren't thankful of the fact that they survived through sheer luck, and perhaps the efforts of other brave people.