Tell The Difference between mexican americans and illegals?

am just wondering how do people form an other race tell the difference between a mexican american and an .illegal or do some people just assume all of them are illegal just by looking at them is there a way they dress or what. am just really want to know.

Favorite Answer

One is an American by birth and the other is an ILLEGAL! But you can tell them apart because one speaks fluent english with no accent, and the other doesn't speak a word of english. Another way you can tell is how they dress, Illegals tend to dress more "cultural" than Mexican Americans. What I mean by that is they really don't have much of a sense of style, Mexican Americans adopt new "trendy" styles. Things like these help you tell them apart. But the easiest way is to have a conversation with them and you will be able to tell an illegal apart from a Mexican-American.

I am Mexican American NOT an illegal! =)

• Alaine

No such thing as a Mexican American. Your either American or not. There are lots of Americans who some or all their ancestors came from Mexico. How are they less American than anybody else as long as they view themselves as American first and anything else a distant 2nd? Where a person came from whether first generation or 12th generation immigrant makes no difference nre does point of origin. What matters is what is in a person's heart. The love for this nation, it's people and it's culture. Those who are Mexican first are no better than illegals and should go back to Mexico if they like so much. There is no difference between the two. I'm not a Lib and far as I can tell most Libs even those who are themselves minorities somehow think that skin color magically influences one's politics. Yet some of the most Conservative and American loving people I've ever known were Hispanics. So clearly this is a false assumption and the root concept is laughable. How could one's skin color possibly influence their politics. Culture yes, but the amount of pigment in your skin, no. As such all Hispanics from Mexico or not are considered by Libs to be essentially the same people no matter where they came from or the status of their citizenship. Ironically Cubans are as sub culture one of the most Conservative in the nation.

Well, illegals are people who enter a country without permission or over stay their VISA....they can be from anywhere...not necessarily Mexico! Mexican-Americans are American born Mexicans!

I am really surprised to see the ignorance in some of the responses to this question...sad really

You can't look at someone or talk to someone and have enough information to conclude that someone is legal or illegal!

Source(s): My Mexican family
  • =P

Mexican Americans aren't afraid of the authority, but illegal Mexicans will hide from them or run away.

In my personal, limited experience, the legal Mexican immigrants hold legitimate jobs and speak English (GOOD English that I can understand, like my neighbors). The illegal immigrants are the ones who only smile and nod at you when you ask them a question in English as they continue to mow the lawn or take your order at McDonald's.

Illegals make themselves scarce when law enforcement are around. Legals are fine around the law.

The law REQUIRES immigrants to carry their green card at all times, just as it requires carrying an id card. A work authorisation card is NOT required to be carried at all times.

Don't forget that by no means are all illegals Mexican.

Mexican Americans- speak english somewhat properly with a faint accent

Illegal Mexicans- speak no english and if they do they only know like 5 words and there accent is very strong. most don't dress like your average american

• oldman

First of all, whether they're here legally or illegally, if they're flying a Mexican flag and speaking Spanish, they're not American and don't belong here.

Secondly, ask them if they'd like to go with you to ICE, you'll find out in a hurry if they're here legally or not.

Speak fluent English and Texan bred Hispanic (me)

• if they have a social security card or a green card Ill accept them, if they dont, I'm calling immigration services.