Anonymous

Do you think MARTIN LUTHER KING would be sad or happy with the state of race relations today?

Favorite Answer

I think he would be disappointed, whites have done everything possible to move forward but the blacks have done very little to help themselves. They now have equal opportunities for employment and education but chose to squander it and accuse people with the best interest of blacks, like Bill Cosby of all sorts of things. But hey, some people just want to be a victim.

I think he would really hate what people claim is black culture today, poor speech skills, a gangster mentality, music that promotes violence, crime, and degrades women, the destruction of the family unit, being a baby daddy instead of a father. True black culture is about educating yourself, rising above struggle, gospel, blues and family.

King was a phony, "Martin Luther" isn't even his real name.

As long as he could spend the church's money on booze and White prostitutes, he would be happy regardless of the state of race relations.

I think he would probably be upset that although people talk the talk, they don't walk the walk, meaning everyone yells to rid racism, but then does nothing about it. I think he would also see that there has been change, but not enough. Dr. King wanted all people to be equal and live in peace with one another. Sad that we can't just all try.

Sad. We still have a long way to go. I think if we still had people like him around it would help more though. The 'politicians' we have now adays suck pretty bad.

he d be sad and regret the efforts he did .

he d gruel all over his grave if he saw what blacks have become today.

Happy, he managed to ruin slavery.... YAY!!*NOT!* Okay I bet he would be as happy as a bee when he see's what these blacks have been up too lately..

He will be sad that racism / white supremacy wasn't eliminated.

Look at how he didn't use violence, yet he was assassinated by the white powers.