Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

french homework?

i have to learn and remember a load of french for my homework i arent aloud to use anything when i get tested. anybody know any good ideas to help remember it?

please help

Favorite Answer

study study study

French and English are historically linked (Norman Invasion, 1100 AD). The two languages therefore share a lot of cognates.

Take your vocabulary list and write off the obvious cognates as taking half a brain cell to recall on a test. Concentrate on the tricky words, like "ordinateur" (computer). Either pound it into retention with rote method or make up a mnemonic device to lean on until you recall it more naturally.

The sky is the limit with house you twist and tweak a word in your head to make it easier to remember. I'm not afraid to think of Robin Williams prancing in a Marie Antoinette gown if that's what it takes to remember that a "dress" takes the masculine gender in French.

Bon chance!

Go through and read all of them. Then cover them up and see how many you can remember by writing them down. Continue doing this until you become fairly familiar with the words.

If you still aren't getting the hang of the words, make sure you go through them before and after meals and then get someone to test you. This is what I do when I need to learn some words. There is no easy way of doing it.

you should make flash cards. You should put the word in which you are supposed to remember (or the question of ,e.g. What is the present tense of the word), then put the answer on the back of the card.

Well when I was learning colours I made them sound like people and places eg. jaune for mi teacher mrs john because she always wore yellow! And for blanc I thought blank because white isn't really a colour. Try it! Works with most words

Source(s): me!

- Try remembering in small sections.

- Record the french and listen to it over and over again

try going to ABOUT.com they have a ton of tables and references you can look at in the french stuff. or if that isn't enough, maybe you can try emailing me and i could help you through yahoo, (i get straight A's in french)

Source(s): taking french myself :-)

http://french.about.com/library/weekly/bltopicsub-...

Dont know but just go to website like this you really have to be determaine for a test to really remember it.

• put the answers i ur cell phone..