Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

Is it ALWAYS hot and humid in Houston, Texas?!?!?

I've never been to Texas, but I'll be moving there this August for law school (South Texas College of Law).

I've heard that it's really hot and humid in Houston, especially in the summer months. But is it like that all year long? What's the weather like the rest of the year? I've also heard you guys get a lot of rain showers...tropical, of course.

I currently live in Southern California, so I think I may miss the great weather here, but I'm gonna try to adapt.

Soooo, please share! :o)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well, you're coming during the hottest time of year. July, August & September are extremely hot & humid but you will need a sweater when you go out because everywhere has blasting air conditioners. The rest of the year is, mostly, beautiful.

• 3 years ago

Humidity In Houston

• 3 years ago

Houston Humidity

• It is NOT always hot and humid here it just feels that way. It's April and I think we already hit 80 degrees. The heat and humidity will be with us until late October, then it will be colder than SoCal (i.e 40s and 50s) until March. South Texas College of Law is a good school. I wish we had better weather for you.

Source(s): Live in Houston.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Its really hot during the summer, and extremely humid. Its humider than most places year round but isnt that bad during the winter. We don't have much of a fall or spring. Winter is more like "Cool Front Season" Sometimes you wake up and its cold, and sometimes you wake up and its not. Ive worn short sleeves on Christams before, but you might get that in southern California too. Lots of mosquitoes :( But during our short spring and fall its beautiful. Its nicec in the winter too, but i wish it would snow. If i could, id move somewhere else just during the summer to get away from the heat, humidity, and mosquitoes.

• 1 decade ago

It's hot and humid in summer between April and October, followed by spring-like weather between October and April.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Welcome to Houston, August is the worst time of the year for heat and humidity. The humidity stays all year long. Temperatures drop by late December and January and February are our coldest months. Spring arrives in March and by May the heat returns.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah, it's hot and humid...all summer. You'll be begging for a cold front to pass through in the fall to cool things down. Winters are much better.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It won't be nearly as pleasant as southern california, but you'll get used to it. Yes, the summers (particularly August and September) can be downright miserable when you first move here. But, after 1 or 2 summers, you just take it like everyone else. But, then you get rewarded in the winter time. Apart from a few cold spells and the occasional rain shower, our winters are beautiful. Then it all starts over again in about May. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No not during the winter months. It seems that to people here think that anything over 70 degrees is "hot". It just gets warm and hot with the hot being during the summer time. And it can get cold in the winter. But not overly cold. They're probably flattered by you saying "tropical" since they seem to like attention.

Source(s): been here 2 yrs.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.