Luvs vs. Pampers?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
So I have been using Pampers for a while now. I have ventured out to generic brands several times but cant take the leaks so I always go back to Pampers. I have been looking for ways ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
I also HATE Huggies with a passion. They just don't fit my son right and I've had too many leaks with them. I like the fit of Pampers, but for some reason (I think the mesh lining) he gets a rash from them. I just started using Luvs about a week ago and I really like them so far. They are similar to Pamers in fit and the "bear hug stretch" is really nice. They fit my son well and I have not had a single leak. My son sleeps 9 hours at night and Luvs hold all of that pee! I really like them so far and I LOVE that at Target they cost $6.99 for 34, whereas Pamper's Cruisers cost $10.50 for 30! Give them a try-you'll probably like them!

P.S. People have told me that White Cloud diapers are good. I literally just got a pa ck of them home and they are awful. They're almost identical to the Target brand-Total crap!

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
it seems we might be the only ones that dont like huggies so you get the best answer award!!!

thanks for your thought!!!
  • 2
  • Comment

Other Answers (26)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Mrs.P answered 6 years ago
    Have you tried the Walmart brand? (I think it's called White Cloud). I hear a lot of people really swear by those.

I don't like Luvs nearly as much as pampers. They don't really leak any more than the pampers, in my experience, but they are not as good quality (don't stretch as much, and my sister says the tabs often just come right off when she's trying to fasten them).

p.s. I just switched to cloth. It is much cheaper in the long run, and no leaks if you change often! I love cloth. It's not really much more work than disposables, and it's totally worth it for the price and environmental benefits.
    • 4
    • Comment
  • gendaisy answered 6 years ago
    I've used Luvs before, but prefer Pampers. I think Luvs is just a more cheaply made diaper. They don't feel as soft and they're not as stretchy. I never had any leaks with Luvs, though, so I don't *not* recommend them.
    • 5
    • Comment
  • tricia123 answered 6 years ago
    I have used Luvs for years now no problems and no leaks.
    now huggies I used with my first couple of kids and I did have leaking problems and diapers not staying put. so I switched to pampers and now we use Luvs (made by the same company as you said) just cheaper than pampers here.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • The Cats Meow answered 6 years ago
    Luvs are one of the best diapers on the market!!! True to their statement, they do "hold like the Hoover Dam". I used them when my child was born (21 years ago) and they were a good value then and are still a good value. They fit good too! I liked Pampers, but they are way too expensive for me! I also know of another "off brand" that I have used for a baby I kept for about a year. Do you have a Winn Dixie store nearby? If so, they have their brand of diapers called Cuddles (or Kuddles) and they are as good as Luvs are. They are really inexpensive too! A small bag is like 7.49 per bag and the # of diapers varies according to size. The large or jumbo bag is less than $15.00 per bag and again the # of diapers varies by size. They are a really good diaper for a really good price. They also have a brand of wipes called Cuddles (or Kuddles) that is real reasonable.
    • 4
    • Comment
  • alicia m answered 6 years ago
    I personally prefer pampers......... because so far they are the only diapers that fit my daughter, because she's very petite.... i might suggest you get a small pack of the luvs....... and give them a try, they are not too expensive ive seen them at alot of discount stores so a couple of dollars to see how they work for your baby would be a good idea. every child is shaped different so i believe everyone prefers or gets better use out of different brands. Where i have to use pampers my cousin has to use huggies cause her son always leaks out of the pampers........
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Zander will be here soon! answered 6 years ago
    My cousin swears by Luvs...that's the only diaper she'll use for her son. Me...on the other hand...I'm a first time mom and have tried out many brands.. I HATE luvs. They are the ONLY diaper that my son has leaked out of and aren't stretchy and soft. I LOVE pampers...they are my absolute favorite...I also like Huggies Supreme but Pampers seem to be PERFECT for my son.

Source(s):

First time mommy of baby boy :)
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Zach's Mommy answered 6 years ago
    I think that every persons experience is differnt, Luvs are the only type of diaper that my son doesnt leak out of. However other moms that I have talked to have the complete opposite. I would just buy a small pack of them and try them out for a day or two and see how they work.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • some chick answered 6 years ago
    I use cloth, but my baby is a very, very heavy wetter -- so disposables work better at night. I've been using Luvs for a month or so without any leaks. (I like Pampers, but decided they're too expensive.)
    Luvs worked fine for my oldest, too, who was also mostly a cloth baby. He had a very, very sensitive bum, and he got rashes with most disposable diapers -- but the Luvs were OK.
    I do think they have kind of a funny smell. And I wish they had elastic in the back. But they work just fine, and they fit both my babies -- one was skinny and the other's chubby.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Pidgey answered 6 years ago
    I prefer pampers! I'm using luvs right now and they don't fit my son very well, and leak like crazy :P But since I bought the package I am not going to waste them. I'll just do laundry
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• butternut0000 answered 6 years ago
    Luvs are great diapers! Give them a try!
    • 2
    • Comment
  • STOP BEING JEALOUS answered 6 years ago
    LOVE luvs
    had leaks with pampers
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Truth_matters answered 6 years ago
    haven't gotten any leaks to speak of with luvs.....and pampers I did twice with one package!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • smwat03 answered 6 years ago
    What one person swears by, another might hate. Huggies Supremes work great for my daughter, but like you said they dont work for you. Pampers leaked for me and I did not like them. As for Luvs for the most part people like them. They only way your going to find out if they work for you child though is to try them. I tried the generic kind to, like the White Cloud and stuff and let me tell you, those were so stiff and they leaked like crazy, but some people swear by them.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Incognito answered 6 years ago
    I used Pampers swaddlers when my baby was a newborn, but now at five months old she uses Luvs. Diapers fit boys and girls differently, but my friend with a baby boy uses Luvs also. They never leak on her. She sleeps all night and just wakes up with a very full diaper. Just make sure your buying the right size. She wears and three and could almost wear a four even though she weighes 16 pounds and threes are supposed to go up to 22.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Spamica answered 6 years ago
    I heart Luvs! They are the best.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Bridget V answered 6 years ago
    I switch between Pampers Cruisers and Luvs, depending on what's on sale and what coupons I have. In my opinion, Luvs are comparable to Pampers Baby Dry in terms of quality and feel. I've never had a blowout with Luvs (or Pampers), but I do find that Luvs fit tighter on my son than the Pampers Cruisers do. When he was in size 4's right before I switched him to size 5's - the Luvs looked and felt tight while the Cruisers were fitting ok.
    Just another note, Luvs do come with the stretchy tabs now, but some stores still have the packages without them. Don't bother picking them up. Luvs without stretchy tabs are annoying. I made the mistake of buying a pack b/c they were on clearance and I ended up giving most of the pack away.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • luvmybaby answered 6 years ago
    I was debating on the same issue recently. What I'm doing right now is testing out diapers but keeping a bag of Pampers around for night time wearing. So I just use the other diapers during the day to see how they work out and use the diaper I know is going to work for the nighttime. I'm finding so far that's this is working out a little cheaper than having only Pampers.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • sammie answered 6 years ago
    I love Pampers for my son. My girl can wear just about anything, but my boy leaks with everything but Pampers. I've tried every single brand with him.

Have you signed up at the Pamper's website? They will send coupons and samples.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Meg answered 6 years ago
    I have two kids, who were both in diapers at the same time. (now 5 and 4 THANK GOD!)

But I swear by Pampers. I have tried sooo many other diapers to pinch pennies, but I always went right back to pampers. My son was potty trained at 1 and a half, so thankfully I didn't have too much time with him in diapers.

It only matters what fit's your baby that best and what doesn't leak for you. I hope the best with you and your baby.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ants #1 answered 6 years ago
    I had a terrible experience with Luvs so personally, I would not recommend those. The generic brand that is good to try if you haven't already is the Walmart brand diapers. Parent's Choice. They are the next best diapers to Pampers & Huggies & they cost half the price.

Source(s):

pregnant #2
    • 1
    • Comment
  • ms.pontes answered 6 years ago
    I tried luvs for the same reason... one time I was closing his diaper and the tab popped right off. They sucked so bad when it came to leaking... especially with a boy. I'm learning very quickly that when it comes to baby products you really get what you pay for.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • b answered 6 years ago
    i can only tell you my experience with my son who is 9 weeks old. at first all he used were huggies, and occasionally pampers. he leaked out of the huggies a lot. i bought luvs last week and then again this week, for the time being they are working great. he hasnt leaked once. but i hear that parents hate them. i will use them as long as i can. where i live 96 pampers or huggies are 20.00, the luvs are about 13.00 for 100.
    also they have the tabs that stretch now, i've never had one tear.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • s answered 6 years ago
    Luvs are the best diapers you will ever find, no lie, give them a try.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Christine B answered 6 years ago
    First, I have never found Huggies cheaper than Pampers, anywhere.
    I used to only use Pampers, especially when my daughter was really little. Now I use Target brand or Luvs. One of my sisters only uses LUVS, she loves them. I think they are pretty good too, and I have never experienced a leak with the Target brand, they have been just as good for us. I have tried other generic brands that were poorly made but I love the Target brand (and LUVS).
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Kasi answered 6 years ago
    We use Costco brand (I think it's Kirkland) and cloth.

Source(s):

Aunt of 10
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • tuff~luv answered 6 years ago
    Luvs are pretty leaky. I've never been satisfied with them.
    • 3
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock