Why do pregnant women act as if they were the only women in the world to have ever carried a child?

and as if there was not other miracle in the world but there pregnancy. I accept this for couples who have been trying to conceive for ages, but to be honest it's a pain.

Women have been getting pregnant for millenia...
Update: Megalus - It "affects" me as it is boring to hear women drone on about their pregnancy. Struck a raw nerve have I? I guess you are one such woman.
Update 2: Look I am a thrity three year old woman with an 11 year old son and three year old daughter and never once made a big deal about my pregnancies. I am not male!
Update 3: Baby boy Due in May - You are such a person by the mere fact that you want to draw attention to your pregnancy in your Yahoo username!!!!!!!!
Update 4: The people who are the most offended are those who imopose their pregnancy talk on other people. I have two children and have never bored people with my "condition". The fact of the matter is that most people are really not interested in whether you are pregnant or not. They really are not, and they... show more The people who are the most offended are those who imopose their pregnancy talk on other people. I have two children and have never bored people with my "condition".
The fact of the matter is that most people are really not interested in whether you are pregnant or not. They really are not, and they pretend they are to humour you. The only people interested are yourselves, your family and other pregnant women!!
Update 5: "1024 Needs A New Name" - God you took the words right out of mouth. Great points..
Update 6: "Baby Lily July2"- Jealous of what precisely? Boring every human being on the planet? I kind of think not. I am very proud of the fact that I have not followed every other pregnant drone!!!!
Update 7: pregnant with number 3 - That really is your misfortune.. or maybe the general publics - i.e you being pregnant again!!! We now have to listen to you for the next 9 months!!!
Update 8: by ஐ♥P u S s y - get over yourself. Big deal you read my questions and answers aren't you a clever person. Sorry to disappoint you but I am a woman! You simply cannot handle the fact that not all women are robots.
Update 9: DAWN1- WRONG!!!! I hated the attention and in the end would not let anyone touch my stomach. Your reasoning is flawed. Just because a lot of people do nopt feel as you do you think they must be jealous. No way Jose. I feel sorry for pregnant women who feel the need to do this not envious!!!!!!