about south africa?

tell me something about south africa!!

Favorite Answer

South-Africa is the most beautiful country in the wold. It has the 'Big five', birds for 'Africa', the most beautiful mountains, oceans, Faun and flora.

But on the other hand you also have to have hair on your teeth. I don't feel like running SA down today, so everything i have to say will be positive not negative. Love that place, want to move back there , want to die there.

South Africa is great to visit but I wouldn't recommend living here permanently. It is very scenic in some parts. If you can only visit one city make it Cape Town. It is the most European-like city in South Africa, with spectacular scenery & glorious summers. Winters are cold, windy & rainy but Cape Town on holiday is charming all year round.

It is a great tourist destination so expect to pay inflated prices on dining out & entertainment, compared to the less tourist frequented areas of South Africa. Johannesburg is all about business, glitz & nightlife & the mentality there is about making the big bucks, so nothing particularly charming about it unless you are a Yuppie & that is your buzz. It hosts some great events and music concerts though.

The Garden Route is definitely worth a road trip. Many delightful coastal B&Bs to stay in along the way, & the Eastern Cape is old world amazing.

The Drakensburg mountains is one of the most beautiful destinations in the word & Durban is fun

South Africa is my home, and I love it. As someone else said, despite everything, there is nothing like it. I travel far, but the pull home is always strong. God bless Africa and her people. We sure need a break. We so need hope for a bright future.

• cheri

We have a beautiful country of which to me Cape town, Blyde River Canyon and Drakesnberg is the most scenic, also an abundance of wild life and a very diverse culture with 11 official languages, 2 national anthems, and don't forget our pride and joy the Springboks

I am South African, best country in the world despite every thing

Dis lekker in Suid Afrika, bokkie moet vir 'n keer hier dra'....

South Africa is the most superlative country in the world.

It could qualify for top and bottom, best and worst, loveliest and ugliest, most sublime and most ridiculous. As Jan Smuts once said....we are not a dull people.... As far as the land is concerned.... nowhere can match ons land Suid Afrika.... I wish I could go home....!

There's just something about it...