Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Late /Unpaid Speeding Ticket In MO = Suspension in Iowa?

Hey everyone, I have been in quite the bind with balancing out my bills and keeping a steady job. I work as a contractor for Robert Half, so, there are large gaps of unemployment and all of my bills e.g. Best Buy, Quest, car insurance etc. all pile up.

I have always intended on paying my fee but I needed that clear break where I could afford a $100 ticket.

Well, I just received word from Iowa that as of 5-02-2008 my license is suspended unless I could provide proof that the state of Missouri has received payment. Does this mean, whether I pay it or not, I'm suspended? Where was the notification saying "you are late, pay or be suspended by this date?" Now, I have resorted to asking (what I hate to do) a parent to loan me the money to pay this speeding ticket but I'm not even sure that this is even going to make a difference at this point. Is there anyway to clear this up? I'm a good driver, this was my only speeding ticket since 96 (second total

Best Answer

You need to pay the ticket, then Iowa will look at that and they should reinstate your license. Otherwise if you get stopped again. you will have an additional charge and fine for driving while suspended. It just keeps adding up. Go talk to the agency where you got the original ticket and take care of it. That way its over and done with and you can move on.

• hahn

each municipality is diverse yet a minimum of you may anticipate some hundred in fines besides as some factors against your license. right here in Colorado something over 20 is reckless driving it particularly is an 8 factor violation and you in basic terms have 7 factors on your license between the a while of sixteen-18, so its an computerized suspension. on account that its your first fee ticket you will in all hazard be hit with a lesser violation( in the journey that your fortunate, possibly in basic terms like 4 factors), an excellent(relies upon on the city, right here the max superb for minor infractions is $500) and particular driving college because of the fact of your age. count huge variety on your coverage going up, however the best information is that in case you document your driving college commencement on your coverage co. it may help decrease your costs somewhat. As for wanting an legal expert i could say no except you particularly need to spend the money. If this will become a intense courtroom conflict you may continually hire a city defender(legal expert) freed from charge, yet I doubt that would ensue. First offenses the courts are normally leniant on. Do it back and that they are going to nail you to the wall. replace on your replace: would not count what the cop charged you with - the decide can amend it. They do this alot the place I stay, normally the charge against you before everything isn't what finally ends up on your checklist. normally its area of a plea good purchase. And the license element isn't maximum appropriate the two. Your a minor meaning they are in a position to take it till your an person in the event that they like, or in the event that they had to, even in step with hazard longer. Like I mentioned, it relies upon on the section, in basic terms desire for the main suitable.

They absolutely can. If your license gets suspended and you get caught driving, they can impound your vehicle for 30 days and you would also have to go to court to explain to a judge why you deserve to have your license back.....plus you can count on more fees on top of that.

If that situation does play out and you can't pay it again, then a warrant will be issued for your arrest for failure to pay.

Not worth it over $100.

Source(s): dispatcher