promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why did God invent tornadoes if they cause so much death and destruction?

Please note I know God is real because I have faith. I am not doubting him. The real reason why I am asking this is because I have heard conflicting reasons from different Christians on here and I wanted to hear what you guys think.

Some people think it's because of all the sin in the world that made earth an imperfect place. Some people say that sin deteriorated our DNA which is why people can no longer live to be 500 years old. There is Biblical evidence to back up this claim. There is a verse in Genesis where God is said to limit the age of man to around 120.

Other people, however, say that God has nothing to do with tornadoes and they were never used to punish people for their sins. In other words, when he steps back from this sort of thing.

What do you think?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We could ask the same question about atheist communists.

They've killed over 100 million people in just the last 85 years or so -- which is probably a lot more death than tornadoes have caused during the same length of time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Your supposed god is benevolent. Why would he cause tornadoes?

Also, if he caused the tornadoes because of the sinners, why did he not just simply create the universe in such a way that circumstances would never lead people down the wrong path. Your supposed god has infinite foresight, so, he would easily have foreseen that the result of his creation would be sinners. If he had any interest at all in peace, he would have altered his recipe for creation. Even if the people became sinners of their own accord, how can your supposed god still be a loving and perfect god, if he deliberately made these people knowing ahead of time that they would be sinners? What about the innocent victims of these sinners? Does your supposed god turn his back on the innocent? He creates people that he knows will turn to the dark side and hurt innocent people. How can you reconcile that with the bibles descriptions of benevolence and love?

• 1 decade ago

Biblical evidence is an oxymoron.

Anyway, tornadoes are not inventions. Look at other planets, they have tornadoes or very similar wind storms, so it is not just the Earth. There is not a god sitting on a cloud looking down making things like tornadoes appear to punish the sinful. Everyone knows that's where the Care Bears live!

• 1 decade ago

This world we live in is subjected to destruction. Everyday, we see deaths either caused by people or nature. Either way, people die. But, we need to understand that this world will pass away and the universe with it. Don't set your hope here in this world, but set your hope in Jesus. This world is going to end anyway, so don't worry. We all have a very bright future ahead of us. God can always make people alive again. Death has already been conquered.

God will make a new world and a new universe for all of us where death, sin, sorrows, destructions will no longer exist. People will live in harmanony, peace, and abundance. God will be living among us.

This is our blessed hope. All we need to do is to wait. It will surely come. Bless the Lord!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

God did not "invent" tornadoes they are simply a cause of warm and cold pressure waves which cause spiral patterns of high speed wind. They are technically not an "invention". Anyone who is a victim of a tornado was not being punished by God.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Everything that includes the misery of humanity has been subscribed to the notion that God is punishing us.

Earthquakes, Plagues, Famine, Floods, leaving the toilet seat up, Republican Party, are all considered at one time or another as "God's Judgment" upon humanity for ....well everything.

Remember that Benjamin Franklin was denounced as a heretic for his invention of the Lightning Rod.

And be careful lass. There are those who consider your thoughts to be blasphemy, since you're attempting to insert logic into their Bibliolatry.

• 1 decade ago

Have you ever heard this phrase:

"Crisis is the best reason for change"?

God gave us crisis (read: tornadoes) because God loves us. We need to change - even in times we don't want a change. The only reason why people don't change is they're scared of what will be next.

• 1 decade ago

Tornadoes are a natural occurrence whereas a god was invented by man. Thats what i think

• Gods a fan of celestial twister. Unfortunately when he plays, it has an adverse affect on us.

Godammit god! stop playing twister!

Source(s): :P
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God is obviously not a big fan of trailer parks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.