How can I reboot/repair/reset the USB ports on my laptop?

My laptop was connected to my printer. When I plugged the printer in, the power converter went out. Ever since, none of

the USB ports on the laptop work. Is there any way to reconfigure my USB ports to make them work? It's a Northgate laptop with 4 ports that's a few years old.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • yap_jp
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Right click My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> right click on your PC name -> Scan for hardware change -> If you don't see any ? or ! mark on the hardware name, your USB probably spoilt, if yes, click on it, it may ask you for the driver, just put the corect CD driver.

• Login to reply the answers
  • darras
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Reset Usb Ports

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

RE:

How can I reboot/repair/reset the USB ports on my laptop?

My laptop was connected to my printer. When I plugged the printer in, the power converter went out. Ever since, none of

the USB ports on the laptop work. Is there any way to reconfigure my USB ports to make them work? It's a Northgate laptop with 4 ports that's a few years old.

Source(s): reboot repair reset usb ports laptop: https://tr.im/xcbE5how-can-i-reboot-repair-reset-t...
  • 1 decade ago

the power converter ?on the printer or laptop?if it's the laptop first go to contorl panel and see what it says in your usb may need to add drivers again if you still have your O/S run it and hit repair that should put a driver back in. also try add remove hardware see if it sees them.or go to the manufacters website and download drivers if none of them work then you may have a bad usb mod so the means the shop or tearing it down and replacing the usb modnot hard but the tear down is a pain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If you do happen to have a MacBook Air, don't listen to these people. You can find the MBAs ports (including USB, of course) behind a door on the right hand side toward the back of the machine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should reinstall the drivers again for the USB ports..

• 1 decade ago

uninstall the USB drivers and then reboot.

• 1 decade ago

The reason is that your USB drivers are corroupted.

right click on mycomputer(xp) or computer(vista)>>Manage>>DeviceManager>>click the + symbol on the Universal serial bus controllers>>right click usb root hub>>left click on uninstall do it for all the usb hub roots listed there>> restart the computer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try buying a new usb root hub and connecting it.....

<:^_^:>

Have a Good Day!

Regards,

~*~Loner~*~

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.