tap dancing?

i am about 16 and im interested in tap dancing,

but i have no knowledge about it and i have never done it before.

does someone know a good tap dancing school that i can start out with?

can someone tell me anything/everything about it?

do you think im too old to start learning tap dancing?

any advice would be nice.

i would rather you put down information rather than websites.

thank you very much!

Favorite Answer

I absolutely agree, you're never too old to start dancing!

Tap is awesome fun I totally think you should give it a go. I'm only 13 but I've been doing tap for nearly 8 years. I recommend just asking people if they know of any good dancing schools. That's how I found my dancing school :)

Anyways although tap may look heaps hard, once you get the hang of what you're doing it's pretty easy and layed back.

I personally think that to be great at tap you need to have a great style. If you're dancing with out style it just ruins the entire dance and makes it super boring.

Also, you need to relax your ankles if you want to get a great sound. Since you're a beginner, I suggest practicing just simple warm ups like shuffles and toe-heels, etc, at home.

Hope this has helped slightly!

Goodluck!

• I do not live in America, so i can't really reccomend any dance schools round your area lol. I do tap and startted when i was abou 11. At first, I was in the same situation as you. I didn't know a thing about tap. I had never even been interested in dance in my life before. However i joined my friend's dance school, and it is where I still am 2 years later!

When tap dancing, you need good patience. Somemoves can take a while to get, and it helps if you are quite co-ordinated, so you can use your arms whilst tapping. As you get more experienced at tap, the moves will become harder, so you will need to practise. The good thing about tap is it is a laugh. A way of telling whether you have a move right is by listening to it. Sometimes if you get it wrong, you get some really cool sounds which just makes you laugh!

I don't think you are too old to start tap. Anyone can learn it, whether you want to do it just for fun or to become proffesional. Just remember no to listen to what anyone tells you about being too old, and just do what you want to do.

Have fun Tapping, and i hope this helped.

Tap dancing is based on some basics - step, toe, heel, shuffle, flap. These are put into combinations and make up the steps. You have to know these steps and some basic combinations before getting into more advanced tapping. However, it is easy and hard. I remember my first year of tapping was pretty challenging since I had no type of dance instruction before. But once you get the basics down and learn the terms, it will become easier to learn. Always strive to learn something new in dance.

Check around your home to see if there are any dance studios which have either a beginning teenage tap class or maybe an adult class. Happy hoofing!

Source(s): Tap dancing 20+ years.

first of all you may want to look at dance schools in your area to see if they have tap dancing

Tap dance was developed in the United States during the nineteenth century, and is popular nowadays in many parts of the world. The name comes from the tapping sound made when the small metal plates on the dancer's shoes touch a hard floor which makes a tap noise.

You are never to old to start tap dancing. I know many people in there 50's and 40's who still tap and love it. I am 16 also and I am sure once you start it you will probally like it.

Hope this helps.

Siena

You are never too old to learn something new, there are several beginning teens and adults at my dance studio who do very well. I would recomend my studio . . . but the likelihood of you even living in the same state as I do, much less the same city, is very slim. I would try googling or yellow paging places in your area that offer beginning teen/adult tap lessons. Tap is an awesome form of self-expression, and it is incredibly fun! Good luck!