Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Survey: Do you consider the term "homeboy" as a word that has multiple meanings?

Is it "connotating...?"

A: You're a grown man living with your mother...?

B: You're a pasty white guy, and the term "honky" fell out of style...?

C: It has no gender or "insult implied" meaning, it's just a way to say, "Whazzups, Homey" when you don't know someone's name...?

D: Nobody really knows what the heck it means?

Best Answer

Definitely D.

• Morq

Well, now that you mention it..

I think of it as another word for "homes" or "homie" as you said. Or "word up, son" maybe some of "what up home skillet"

I'm feelin' it, brah

But then I also think of those t-shirts that say "Jesus is my homeboy" hahaha, I mean, really..

And I agree, "hermit" comes to mind too..

Though I've never thought of a grown man living with their mother........ Ehh... makes me think Will Ferrell in The Wedding Crashers.. hahaha

By the way,

I like the word "connotating"..... (incase anyone was wondering....)

Yes. You have to have the entire sentence and perhaps the sentence before and after in order to figure out what "d word" means. The phrase "d word" can be used to hint at any word that starts with "d" to which the speaker does not want to refer for fear of causing offense, anger, etc.

LMFAO.

Homeboy A guy who is a close friend from the neighborhood or gang.

Homegirl same as above except girl.

• Tigger

I thought it was the guy that stays home and watches TV while his wife goes out to work?

Or all of the above.

• I would come closer to saying Home Skillet or Home Chicken....with no clue what they mean. I'm just that dorky.

I prefer Homz. But that's because I'm cool.

shhh, my "homeboy" is locked in the closet right now, and I think he's sleeping.

Try "introvert "on for size

no