I want to text my friend in FL without paying texting fees. Know any gadgets?

Im in a state across the country from my best friend and we want to get a little texting gadget to text eachother without having to pay stupid texting fees. Can you tell us some gadgets for texting that are good?

Favorite Answer

IM, E- Mail (YAHOO!)

the internet :)

And no, I don't mean to be a smart ***...

From what I understand, a lot of phones can use AIM, rather than the dumb texting. Or you could just get a plan with unlimited texting, I guess.

Well if your friend has texting you can use aim. by adding this format to the buddy list +1(areacode)555-5555 without the dashes....and they can respond back to you too!

No because he is in the same place but you are moving so he won't get charged for roaming but if anyone will you Will. But sense you have the textnow app you won't have roaming charges either.

you can send texts to someones phone from verizons website for free but there is really no way to send txts that far for free from your phone.

Get unlimited text , it will add to your bill, but its a good deal.

go to your phone provider site...you can do it for free....i have verizon and i can...or email her...ask her for her link to her cell phone...every cell should have like an email address...to try it tell her to send a pic to your email..and you will get the addy to her phone

if you guys get verizon phones, then you dont have to pay extra. verizon to verizon anything is free.

www.txt2day.com/

or send it from AOL Instant Messanger or your email.

000-000-0000@vtext.com