how do you say popsicle in spanish?

[in mexico]

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sidd
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In Mexico we call them PALETA (pah-léh-tah), but we also use the same word to refer to a lollypop. However there's nothing to be worried about because we normally add more information about it. Look at these examples:

- una paleta con chicle (a lollypop with chewing gum inside)

- una paleta de limón (a lemon flavor popsicle, it's clear we're talking about one that's made of ice)

Always remeber to add more information. If you only say something like "quiero una paleta" (I want a "paleta"), you should specify what kind of paleta you're talking about, as the examples stated above.

And last, the same word paleta is also used by those who practice martial arts, its a device that is held with one hand of the sparring, while the martial artist, they have the form of drop of water, usually of red or blue color. So if ever hear a martial artist asking for a paleta to practice with, don't think he's thinking to practice a new killing tongue move ;)

Regards.

Source(s): I live in Mexico, I was born here .... and I love paletas de mango, by the way :)
  • spurr
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Popsicle In Spanish

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how do you say popsicle in spanish?

[in mexico]

Source(s): popsicle spanish: https://biturl.im/NC7UN
  • Amber
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/wZ2nj

It depends on the country. In Spain the ice one is called "polo" and the candy one is called "piruleta" In South America paleta, chupete, etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

You raise some good points here.

• Javy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well in Puerto Rico we call it "paleta de mantecado"

• 1 decade ago

el fruta de helado.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

helado or paleta

• 1 decade ago

helado. (in spain) it is probably the same

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.