Republicans asking "Why should God bless America?"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3sVLHdi_o0

Youtube thumbnail

This is the opening of the Values Voter Debate, which had Mike Huckabee, Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas, former ambassador Alan Keyes, businessman John Cox and Reps. Ron Paul of Texas, Tom Tancredo of Colorado and Duncan Hunter of California all in attendance.

Why didn't they speak out about such awful anti-American hate speech? Do the Republicans hate America?

"Why should God bless America?

She’s forgotten he exists

And has turned her back

On everything that made her what she is

Why should God stand beside her

Through the night with the light from his hand?

God have mercy on America

Forgive her sin and heal our land"

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Rose
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's so funny to see how the script flips. I don't see how people can say that asking "Why should God bless America?" isn't anit-American when they believe what Wright said was anti-American. By default, you are damned if God doesn't bless you. To question why God should bless America suggests that you don't think that God should bless America.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No one seems to care anymore about God and the connection to this country.

More and more Americans seem to enjoy the freedom to scream and preach of Hate for America.

It is open season on Christianity in the United States and people love it.

What can the true Christians who follow Jesus's actual teachings of kindness, goodness, treat others as you would want to be treated, etc... do about it.

NOTHING, but sit back and have their own personal faith that this country will survive.... as they are treated with cynical hatred.

So many people have exploited the Christian religion to make millions of dollars and live in 10 million dollar mansions etc.... It is offensive to say the least that they have the audacity to call themselves Christians.

So many Americans hate the USA.... they are ALL a part of the planting of these seeds of hatred in which they will soon reap themselves.

If this Great country, founded on certain beliefs of God, "crumbles", well maybe then the people who hated it so much will finally realize how lucky they had it! Too late too little at that time.

I am personally so sick of all the haters, that I believe when you can exploit a country to gain in life and live free all while doing nothing but hating on the very place you are so lucky to call home... then you deserve to go down with the country you hated and brought down with such hate.

God Bless the World!

Source(s): Haters: let the thumbs down begin because I mean what i say.
  • 1 decade ago

Kinda sounds like a prayer

asking for forgiveness or redemption of America.

Not sure I can relate it to any Republicans that I know

Even so it's much better then the one Rev Wright gave about

God Da** America and calling Whitey "The Enemy " which

Is straight out of Luis Farrakhan speech about Americans

As he call for the destruction of White America.

Looks like Obama,his Pastor and Farrakhan have that much in common regarding their Racism against America.

This is just one of many Reasons America doesn't want or need a black lying Racist as President.

Obama has admitted to all this in his defense of Rev Wright which was seen on TV by millions of White voters and this may well come back to bite him on his @$$ big time.

America needs a President that's for all Americans not just

A minority group .

Obama will not win this election and McCain will be our 44th

President

Thanks for pulling the wool over Americas eyes.

Start learning to say President John McCain

• 1 decade ago

I've often wondered why any one would ask (command?) God to bless America in the first place. What does that prayer imply for the rest of the world? Wouldn't "God bless us all." or "God bless the world." be more charitable? But, yes, I can think of many reasons why God might not care to bless America (if He exists).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • anaise
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think that its more about how they believe americans need to go back to the times where prayer was in the schools, where the bible was considered a holy book and no one questioned it; where God was in our hopes and people relied on their churches to give them inspiration.

I don't think it was about hate; it was about getting back to the basics of belief that we have let go to some extent.

Source(s): Ojective thinker on all issues
  • Phil
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

That's neither anti-American nor hate speech. It is simply saying America has lost her way from being founded as a nation with Judeo-Christian vales. Keep trying.

Edit: If you don't see the difference between saying "God should damn America because it is evil" and "Why should God continue to bless America if we turn our back on Him?", I can't help you.

Nice attempt at spinning it Rose, but Rev. Wright's statement was a condemnation of America, this is an appeal to America. Besides, this wasn't something they listened to for 20 years.

• 1 decade ago

We don't hate America. We hate what Liberals have done to her over the last 60 years.

The last line of your quote says it ALL.

• Erato
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You don't have to be religious to be patriotic.

That's why it's called "The Land of the Free." The government doesn't have the military shoot up your house if you don't follow their collective religion.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I LIKE THAT SPEECH.

VERY TRUE.

AMERICA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD SPENDS TIME AND MONEY TO PROVE GOD DOESN'T EXIST,

THAT WE CAME FROM MONKEYS.

• 1 decade ago

People are outraged at Obama's Judgment and that he chooses to spend his time with people that promote racism and America hating... to get big houses, and sell tapes, and racism does not help anyone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.