Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Are Ron Paul supporters going to be voting for Mike Gravel?

Since Mike Gravel is the libertarian party candidate, than are Ron Paul voters going to vote for him? Will they pencil in Ron Paul even though he's not running at this point? Will they vote for McCain or Obama instead?

• DAR
    Best Answer

Mike Gravel is NOT the libertarian candidate, he is running for their nomination. So is Bob Barr and so are a host of others. Mike Gravel has this idea he can be a 'fusion' candidate with the Green Party which sure doesn't sound Libertarian to me.

Ron Paul is still in the race for the GOP nomination and McCain does NOT have enough delegates to take the nomination on the first ballot.

If he doesn't get that, there is always the chance RP might run in November on another ticket, or independently. He has 20,000+ pledged and active precinct leaders across the country, and over 1600 meet up groups. He is the one person who could pull off an independent run.

If he doesn't run in November, at this moment I am leaning towards writing him in. I will look at the Libertarian candidate at that time, however, whomever it might be.

• Erika

Sorry yet neither candidate has a snowball's probability in AZ to get the nomination. How can Paul be a thorn in all and sundry's component on account that he's a meaningless candidate? the only reliable ingredient approximately Gravel is that he's not Hillary. do not carry your breath for the two one to get the nomination, not to show having a Ron/Gravel tournament-up. this is not going to happen.

Gravel would be a lot better than Hillary, Obama or Mccain. Ron Paul is still running and if there's a major health issue or scandal on McCain Ron Paul could reemerge.

He's been on a lot of finance segments lately. see this also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esfLRqRFDVQ

Youtube thumbnail

&eurl=http://www.dailypaul.com/

• I'll write in Ron. I disagree with Gravel on the following:

Pro-choice. I'm with Ron..leave it to the state electorates...

His 23% "fair tax". I'd rather see income tax gone and the size of government shrunk to Constitutional levels.

Gravel wants a new tax on oil "to get America off carbon-based fuels". While I agree we need to get off foreign oil and onto something renewable, I don't want Gravel hitting my pocketbook even harder until that happens.

Wants complete decriminilization of all drugs. (Similar to Paul I know but that's one of the few areas I disagree with Ron in...)

Boost federal minimum wage. All that will do is pass the cost on to consumers in the form of higher prices since businesses will NOT accept a lower profit.

He wants mandatory international emission limits to combat global warming which will end up hurting America most.

Gravel wants universal healthcare. I just want healthcare to be cheaper so that Americans can buy it for themselves.

Supports amnesty for illegals.

I'm sure there's other reasons but those are enough...

Gravel? Maybe.

McCain, Obama, Clinton... What real difference is there between them? America has already lost this election. I for one intend to abandon BOTH parties, and vote Libertarian or American Independent. I'd rather vote for a CHIROPRACTOR than those clowns.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is STILL voting for evil!

• madcat

I will probably be voting for either Obama or Clinton.

I do not want a Republican president this time at all, and if I vote for Gravel, my vote will be lost.

Although I do like Gravel, and like him as well as Ron Paul.

I am not a Ron Paul supporter but you have a valid point.

*

some of us just will not support gravel, he is way to liberal

so we will spend election day doing what we can to make sure that the rest of you do not get to vote

let the revolution begin

It really doesn't matter who they vote for does it?

Does it matter? Sorry but please face reality - Paul has so few supporters and 3rd party candidates never win.