Is anybody familiar with Mary Cassatt, specifictly her Woman Bathing piece?

What Style From art history apply to this artwork? Has the function and subsequent meaning changed over time and other info you can give me of her.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • DAR76
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

She painted the personal lives of mothers with their children in very casual intimate settings. She was an impressionist. I think the message of close bonds with children in her paintngs still remain true today.

• 3 years ago

Mary Cassatt Wiki

• 1 decade ago

I just finished reading about her in my Art History class. She's an Impressionist. If you want to know more about a specific painting you can usually find a page on Wiki for it, if they don't have a page for that particular painting, go to Mary Cassatt's Wiki page and you'll find lots of links to museum sites with articles about her work. Those sites usually have professional critiques on specific paintings. Those are usually the opinons you want when writing an art paper.

You can also try typing the name of the work into a search and you'll get articles that way as well.

• conroy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

nNo depend the age, we are to do ALL issues sparsely and that extends to all donning garb which skill not something shows this is inticing to the alternative intercourse or maybe men could desire to heed this,i.e. thongs. Now on the present time something is going and then the ladies human beings ask your self why this is a lot of what men think of roughly. Or commit rape,etc. we are starting to be such an immoral united states it boggles the concepts. So cover up women-it truly is larger to flow away them guessing than have all of it carry close out! There truly are men who appreciate you for it and adventure hough they pursue "loose" women human beings-they opt to marry the non-flamboyant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She is an Impressionist

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.