Cat owners advice please?

Hi i have a problem with cats at my workshop they are basically peeing under the protective sheeting i have that covers my steel i am a welder & engineer and all my steel stock is under large viscuene outside the workshop i also have other industrial items under cover and it all stinks of cat pee the steel is... show more Hi i have a problem with cats at my workshop they are basically
peeing under the protective sheeting i have that covers my steel i am a welder & engineer and all my steel stock is under large viscuene outside the workshop i also have other industrial items under cover and it all stinks of cat pee the steel is used every day
and in the morning the stench is there and i am getting really fed up with this i cant wash all the steel down as it will rust so i just have to leave all the sheeting off most of the day so the stink will go but if the rain clouds appear its covered over

Rather than wait with a gun and shoot the damn cats or get a pit bull on a long rope i am hoping for some good answers to this problem the thing is the sheeting is open to the elements so any powders will just blow away and i cant store the steel indoors for the room it will take up
any help will be great

i will list this later tonight to see what others will answer
cheers
Update: thanks for the answers up to now regarding hurting the cats i wouldnt do anything like that i am a massive animal lover believe me its just i get pissed off every morning with this stench i sometimes feel like that but i would never do harm to one i even threw the sheeting away and got fresh i know its not... show more thanks for the answers up to now regarding hurting the cats i wouldnt do anything like that i am a massive animal lover believe me its just i get pissed off every morning with this stench i sometimes feel like that but i would never do harm to one
i even threw the sheeting away and got fresh i know its not foxes its cats i have seen them i think its the tom that does this i dont know
i cant raise the steel any higher from the floor due to safety issue and it takes ages to sheet up in windy weather and the rain aint no fun either no one else has this problem only me
if i put cat litter trays down wont this just bring more cats round or make this a regular piddling place i just want them to stay away i have sprayed watered down bleach over the plastic sheeting to get rid of the pong even used disinfectants but the wind soon takes that away and the cat pee stink never goes
maybe the military or police should use cat pee in a spray to move people on ..lol i know it would shift me