Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Ever go to give a thumbs up, but as you're dragging your mouse across the avatar of the answerer you click....

on the "Remove Contact" button instead? it happens to me a lot.

Irritating!

Spiritually speaking, why are thumbs up and remove contact so close in proximity? they seem like total opposites.

I meant to post this question elsewhere, but it auto-defaulted here. maybe because i spend so much time here? i don't know.

Favorite Answer

I've not done that but I have got the TU and TD mixed up! Usually giving a TD in error. I e-mail the person in question, if possible, and if not, ask one of my other contacts to go in and give them an extra TU to make up for it! Sometimes I have even left that message in Comments! Guilt is a terrible thing. LOL

No, I've never accidentally removed a contact but I have accidentally given a thumbs down. I wish it was reversible. Even when I go page back it's still there. Funny thing - I just discovered the 'star' is reversible. If you click to star a Q you can click the star again to take it back - but not with thumbs.... It's weird.

No...but one time Magz and I added each other like 7 times in a row because we just kept clicking on the "add this person as a contact, too!" every time we got the email from one another.

• Vishal

I've had that happen a few times, too. Sometimes I also accidentally give a thumbs down when I mean to give a thumbs up.

No but I have hit a TD when I meant TU and vice versa in the heat of the moment. My sincerest apologies to all of you out there that may have been the victim of my fat fingers

• Amy

I don't have contacts (well, except the optical ones) but I can relate to the thumbs-up vs thumbs-down difficulty. Why can't we change our thumbs?

• But is doesn't, it veers toward the add contact but not the remove contact.. Am I astonishingly dumb, or you are surprisingly bright or I need a Holiday...

It doesn't, unless you have worded your question incorrectly ..?

Edit : Aha only if they are a contact will you hover over the remove contact button.. let me book ..Italy I think ..

Yes,and it took me a while to figure out why my contacts were missing all the time.

I've not done that but I've given people TUs on accident. If I emphatically agree I get a little carried away and click the wrong one... oops!

EDIT: LOL... Sophia... been there, done that!

• Betty

I think I would cry if that happened ... lol :) I have a GREAT IDEA: POST the link for the question HERE and we will all give you a THUMBS UP !!!! :)