asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What age are you able to enlist in the Marines?

I will be a senior next year...could I enlist this summer? what if my boot camp ship date is in 2010 or late 2009 then would i still be able to enlist this summer? i wanna get this started asap. I'm so excited

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can enlist the summer between you junior and senior year of high school as long as you are 18 years old, or 17 with parental consent. You can be in the delayed entry program, which is what you are until going to boot camp, for up to a year.

Source(s): USMC infantry, recruiter 2001-2004
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

• Paul W
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

17 with parental consent. You may be able to attend boot camp the summer before your senior year.

• 1 decade ago

You can be in the DEP program really early. And then with parental signature you can go in at the age of 17. If you are still in highschool, you go to basic on your summer vacation, graduate basic, go back to school a graduate....you get the picture.

Source(s): prior service
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • langy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

17 with parent consent and should should ask ur recuirter about other questions. don't listen to spana he doesn't know what he is talking about. Just another misinformed liberal.

• 1 decade ago

Don't get so excited just yet, you still have to get through MEPS. If they find something wrong, you might not get in. Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't join. The US military is horrific. It is a human rights abusing group which illegally invades countries. It has little respect. Do something better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.