Questions about the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

How do you feel about the IRS? Do you like or hate it? Do you think America could function without it? Do you feel that the amount of taxes coming out of your paychecks are too much? too little? just enough? Anything else you wanna say about it?

If you ask me about the IRS, I'm neutral about it...I just wish they would take a little less for federal taxes out each paycheck and give bigger refunds at the beginning of every year. But don't we all?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The IRS is not the problem.

Congress is. They spend the money and they give it away.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The question isn't whether or not the IRS should collect so much of our money in taxes. The question is, what parts of the government do you believe we could function without if the tax revenue wasn't there to support it? And, which of these do you think that you could convince your congressional representative to get rid of? You choose:

- Department of Agriculture

- Department of Commerce

- Department of Defense

- National Intelligence Program

- Department of Education

- Department of Energy

- Department of Health and Human Services

- Department of Homeland Security

- Department of Housing and Urban Development

- Department of the Interior

- Department of Justice

- Department of Labor

- Department of State and Other International Programs

- Department of Transportation

- Department of the Treasury

- Department of Veterans Affairs

- Corps of Engineers - Civil Works

- Environmental Protection Agency

- National Aeronautics and Space Administration

- National Science Foundation

- Small Business Administration

- Social Security Administration

• 1 decade ago

I don't care for the IRS (Internal Ripoff Service)' They take too many taxes out wspecially if you are single. Yes, I know Americans could function without it since we haven't always had it. Both the taxes at the federal, state, and local level need to be reduced. Instead of spending money on frivilous issues we need to give the money back to our own people. We spend @# billion one year on a study of whales--which is more important? Whales or people? We can change that--go to the net and write your senators and congressmen and ask them to change some laws or else just repel the laws. It would be the best way to deal with it.

• 1 decade ago

No country would self-sustain without the presence of some form of a taxing authority.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.