Why is the confederate flag still displayed in america? isn't it supposed to be a sign of racism?

My teacher told me that the confederate flag is a sign of racism against blacks?.

i see it all the time and people display them any where they want.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree it shouldnt be displayed.

Wayne A the southern cross and the confederate are nothing alike, the southern cross was just a flag flown during the eureka stockade, it stood for freedom and rights. The confederate flag was flown by the confederate army who were basically fighting to keep slaves, the two stand for 2 opposite things.

• 3 years ago

No, a accomplice Flag isn't an overt signal of racism and could no longer be treated as such. The Confederacy is a good image of Southern historic previous. each edge fought heroically in the course of the Civil conflict and that i believe it truly is something which will be commemorated.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How come people can't fly their own flag without being called racsist ? In Australia its the same with our "Southern Cross" which was a flag of rebellion against the Brittish Empire in the Gold Rush days and now seen as a racsist White Aussie flag. My guess is even the confederate flag has a meaning known to true believers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only people around here that do that are this gay kid with retarded parents who let a 2 year old out. And he walked 2 miles from the house.. And this old Santa Clause looking guy hah.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • nobody
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I believe it is. However a lot simply think it's a sign of rebellion. I blame the dukes of hazard they made it look "cool".

• 1 decade ago

Its the sign of a sore loser who can't let go of the past

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because people have a right to be racist or not they just can't infringe on other people's rights with their beliefs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.