Boy, 12, kills man who attacked his mom. Your thoughts?

Wed Apr 2, 12:40 PM ET

HYATTSVILLE, Md. - A 12-year-old boy fatally slashed a man who was attacking his mother at the boarding house where they lived, authorities said.

Salomon Noubissie, 64, died at a hospital after he was slashed across the neck Monday night in the home in the Landover area.

Cpl. Diane Richardson, a spokeswoman for Prince George's County police, said Wednesday that authorities hadn't decided whether the boy would be charged with anything. They were reviewing the case with the state's attorney's office.

The boy said he had been playing a video game Monday night when he heard his mother, Cheryl Stamp, scream. He found her on the kitchen floor, straddled by a fellow resident who was choking her.

"I kept saying, 'Stop! Stop! Stop!'" the boy told The Washington Post, which published his account without giving his name. "But he just ignored me. He didn't stop. He just kept hurting her."

The boy said he took a knife and swung at the man. Police say they found Noubissie with a knife wound to the upper body.

Stamp said she didn't fully realize at first what her son had done. "He didn't say anything," she said. "But I knew when I looked in his eyes. I said, 'Oh, Lord.' "

Rarely is a 12-year-old implicated in a homicide, and even less often does a child that age kill someone to protect his mother.

64 years old or not. This man was killing his mother. Literally choking her to death. The 12 year was protecting his mother period! I would have done the same thing as I'm sure the majority of you would have as well.

Best Answer

i would have killed him too.

In Christianity, there's no such thing as a "justifiable sin". However, killing somebody who's threatening your life or that of a loved one, a robber breaking into your home, or an enemy combatant during wartime, is not considered murder and has always been justified in the Bible. The problem is, though, almost anytime somebody kills another person they claim they did it in "self-defense", so if there's any reason for the cops to suspect that the kid might have used excessive force or that his mother's life may not have really been in danger, then the prosecutor would need to have him charged with manslaughter and let a judge and jury determine what actually happened. Doesn't seem too likely to happen here though.

I am certain that Ultimately, the boy won't be charged. He should get a medal for protecting his mother!! If the kid was a 6"4' 18 year old, reasonalble force may have been to push the man off of his mother...but a 12 year old little boy...a knife would certainly be reasonable force. I hope they don't let the 64 years old factor warp their judgement. My father is a 74 year old ex military black belt judo instructor...and if he was attacking someone, they sure as hell would be in serious danger !!!!!!

The boy will be taken from his mother and placed into a foster care agency while the police and detectives investigate the crime. Once investigated and if the mother is suitable and not involved with drugs the boy will be reuturned to his mother's care. By this time the boy will allready be emotionally scared by the incident and bitter about how the system did him wrong. He will start using drugs and enter a life of petty crime. From there he'll either end up in prison, dead, or collecting social security or disability off of our tax dollars.

Source(s): I know how the system works!

My personal rule is "Aim to Maim". There are so many things that you can do to cut someone and permanently disable him/her without killing. I am pretty sure I couldn't stand before my creator and justify why I killed another human being. But, I can stand up and say to him that I did cut his achilles heel, or dug out an eye or somehow managed to remove the family jewels with my trusty knife and he's now in a wheelchair or peeing into a plastic bag for the rest of his lifetime. And, my mom was saved in the process. I''m a hero without being a murderer!

I see nothing wrong with what the boy did. He was protecting his mother from certain murder. The man would have likely tried to attack and murder the boy once he finished choking his mother, so not only was he protecting his mother, he protecting himself aswell, and I honestly doubt the boys intentions were to murder the man.

I would have probably done the samething if I was in the boys shoes, if I had a knife in my hands and I saw a man choking my mother my instinct would be to do anything in my power to stop and disable the man, not to kill him.

• truth

I feel sorry for both of them, the mother and the son. I mean it is sad that he has to know what its like to take a life at 12, and no mother wants to see that loss of innocence in her child at 12. As a mother I would hate it if my child had to kill for me. but what choice did they have? I just hope they get through this fine, and if they charge that boy our system is messed up.

Well I think the boy did the right thing. Now he still has a mother to come home to. I think he might need alittle counseling do to what happened. He shouldn't be charged for anything. He should be given a reward for standing up for whats right.

Well,that is a brave little boy. He was taking up for his mother though,so I don't see anything wrong with that.

I would have done the same thing if someone was trying to kill my mother,who wouldn't?

I have four thoughts on it.

1. I'm glad he did it.

2. I hope they don't try to prosecute him for it. It's pretty open-and-shut anyway.

3. I hope he doesn't agonize over doing it. (It's likely he will, which is too bad; the guy had it coming.)

4. It sounds like the guy might have been schizophrenic and in need of antipsychotics; if so, it's too bad he wasn't diagnosed (or wasn't taking them when he should have been).

GOOD FOR HIM. WE NEED MORE BRAVE PEOPLE LIKE HIM. HE SHOULD NOT BE SENTENCED, and given a badge of courage.

I mean if you saw the most important person in your life being attacked, what would you do? That guy got what was coming to him, just cause he is bigger than the both of them he thinks he can bully them around... well that showed him.