Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

What are music singles for?

Why do people buy singles. I really doesn't make sense on iTunes. Why don't you just buy the album, or download the song directly from the album. Unless your a collector or something it doesn't make sense to go out and buy a single from a album, and alot of people buy singles from an album that they already have all the songs to.

Best Answer

singles are amazing... especially on itunes. why should someone have to spend their money on an entire album when they only want one song. for example i pretty much hate every song fergie has come out with but i really like her song clumsy... so why should i have to buy an entire album i hate just for one song it's just stupid. this way the artist/record company still makes their money and i get my song...

If you like the single then you will probably like the album. Usually a single comes out before the album does. I don't understand why people would buy the single if they already have the song.

There is an interesting history behind singles; back in the day of Vinyl Discs or Lps it really made a difference on how music got distributed to people. I saw a program on Discovery Channel about it once, but it would be to long to explain here. The History Section at wikipedia covers it pretty well (probably extracted from that show). Check the link if you are really interested.

Because people think there getting more then they really are and plus i think i agree with u. Why buy it on itunes. When artists sell hits and singles on itunes they make more money so they make a whole album or have one and so you go buy it or buy more on itunes.